What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Agriculture? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Agriculture then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Agriculture under the faculty of Agriculture in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Agriculture under the faculty of Agriculture that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Agriculture has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Agriculture also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Agriculture here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Agriculture
The subjects required to study Agriculture in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes to include English Language, Biology/Agric Science, Chemistry and any one of Mathematics, Physics, Geography and Economics.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UNIBADAN requires five credit passes including English Language, Biology,/Agric Sci, Chemistry, Mathematics and any one of Geography, Physics, and Economics.
(ii) MOUAU accepts Five O’ level credit Passes in not more than two sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, or Agricultural Science and any other science subjects. It also requires at least a Pass in Physics. A Credit in Agricultural Science must be backed up with at least a Pass in Biology
(iii) OOU, EKSU and UNILORIN accept a pass in Physics.
(iv) IMSU accepts a pass in Maths if a candidate has credit in Physics and vice versa.
(v) ABU requires credits in Mathematics and Physics.
(vi) UNIBADAN, EKSU and UNILORIN require credit in Agric Science and at least a pass in Biology.
(vii) UDUSOK and AAU accept a pass in ‘O’ level English language.
(viii) IMSU may accept a pass in Maths if a candidate has credit in Physics and vice- versa.
(ix) UNILORIN accepts a pass in Physics.
(x) TASUED requires O’ Level credit pass in Agriculture Science with at least a pass in Biology.
(xi) BIU requires at least a pass in Physics.
(xii) ABU requires five ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Biology/Agric Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Geography and Economics.
(xiii) BAYERO requires five O’ Level Credit passes to include English Language, Biology/Agric Science, Chemistry and any one of Mathematics/Physics, Geography.
(xiv) FED-WUKARI requires five O’ level credit Passes in not more than two sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, or Agricultural Science and any of Physics, Geography and Economics.
(xv) KSU requires five Credit passes at SSCE and/or GCE O/L in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Economics or any other Science/Social science subject and a pass in Physics. A Credit in Agricultural Science must be backed up with at least a pass in Biology.
(xvi) FED-OYEEKITI requires credit pass in Physics
and consideration can be given to candidates with credit pass in Mathematics and pass in Physics.
(xvii) BABCOCK requires Five ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture Science, Physics/Geography, Home Economics/Food and Nutrition.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Agriculture under the faculty of Agriculture. If the Agriculture you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Agriculture
This section contains the list of universities that offer Agriculture in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Agriculture posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Agriculture:
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Babcock University
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benson Idahosa University
- Bowen University
- Bukar Abba Ibrahim University
- Crawford University
- Cross River State University of Technology
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University, Dutse
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma
- Federal University, Kashere
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
- Federal University, Wukari
- Gregory University, Uturu, Uturu
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Igbinedion University
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Kaduna State University
- Kano University of Science and Technology
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology of Science and Technology
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Ilorin
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- Landmark University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Plateau State University
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- University of Abuja
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto
- Wesley University of Science and Technology