Do you want to do JAMB change of course for 2020? Or do you want to change your institution from one university to another? Are you interested in JAMB change of course or change of institution for 2020/2021? If so, I want to officially inform you that this post is dedicated just for JAMB change of institution and course related questions.
After JAMB result has been released, lots of candidates because of one thing or the other always want to change from one school to another or even from one university to another.
What Is JAMB Change of Course/Institution?
Before i go fully into telling you more about JAMB change of course or institution, let us first establish what it is and what it can do for you.
JAMB Change of course and Institution comprises of two things:
JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE
JAMB Change of course which is the first aspect of JAMB change of course and institution combined together is a program designed by the management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to enable candidates who wish to switch to another course that is entirely different from the one they applied originally during JAMB Registration.
JAMB Change of course is usually done within the same school of choice applied for by the candidate.
Importance of JAMB Change of Course Form
The Change of course form is very important especially for candidates who applied for a particular course in the University and after seeing his or her JAMB Result found out that the Score will not be sufficient to fetch him admission into that course or department.
For the person not to waste another extra year going to write JAMB in order to put in for another course, He or she need to buy the Change of course form and change to another less competitive department in that same school.
JAMB CHANGE OF INSTITUTION
The Second phase is the Change of Institution. This is a program designed by JAMB that allows candidates to switch to another Institution or school either a University, Polytechnic or a College of Education.
JAMB Change of institution is done by a candidate who want to change from one school to another which can be of any of the form below:
- From one University to Another University
- From one University to a Polytechnic
- From one University to a College of Education
- From one Polytechnic to a Polytechnic
- From one Polytechnic to University
- From one Polytechnic to a College of Education
- From one College of Education to a College of Education
- From one College of Education to a University or
- From one College of Education to a Polytechnic.
Importance of JAMB Change of Institution
This is very helpful for a candidate who was unable to score up to the school of choice cut off mark.
For the candidate not to waste another in writing JAMB, he or she has to buy a Change of Institution form and change from the school to another which can be in any of the form mentioned above.
While applying for Jamb, a lot applicants may mistakenly choose a wrong course or institution they do not want to study in.
When such happens, the affected person will now seek for ways to know if it will be possible to change the course or institution selected during registration.
Jamb change of course and institution helps the affected candidates who made a mistake while selecting they course and or Institution to correct those mistakes On Jamb portal.
Now that we have established what JAMB change of institution/course is and what it can do, let us talk about why people resort to using the JAMB change of course/institution program.
Why Change Course Or Institution?
To put the answer simply; JAMB change of course and institution helps candidates who had a low JAMB score that is not up to they school of choice cut off mark to change to another school with cut off mark that is exactly the same with they JAMB score or below it.
So for example, Daniel chose University of Benin (UNIBEN) as his most preferred choice of institution and had a JAMB score of 190. Meanwhile, University of Benin cut off mark is 200. How will Daniel now gain admission since he did not meet up with his school of choice cut off mark?
Luckily, Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) is another university that has a cut off mark of 180. So, for Daniel to have a chance of been offered admission, he will have to do a change of institution to UNIZIK that has a JAMB cut off mark lower than his JAMB score. Same analogy applies to the change of course aspect of it.
Hoping you understand the concept behind doing change of institution and change of course. Did you do a change of course/institution and its not reflecting? See Solutions to JAMB Change of Course And Institution Not Reflecting, Also, see Universities That Accept 120 Cut of Mark Here.
IS JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE AND INSTITUTION 2020/2021 OUT? The answer is No. Currently, the change of course and institution form is yet to be released. However, we are going to update this article as soon JAMB change of course and institution commences.
When Is JAMB Change of Course/Institution 2020 Going To Start?
This section will be useful for those who has been asking questions on when JAMB Change of Course and Institution form is going to come out.
Because most of the mistakes that requires JAMB change of course and Institution is done during JAMB Registration, Most candidates assume that the form is always out immediately the registration commences.
JAMB change of course and institution is going to come out during the following periods:
After JAMB Result Has Been Released
There are chances that the Management of JAMB will release change of course form after JAMB Result has all been released. This is so because during this period, JAMB Candidates have seen their scores and from there, will be able to now if their scores will fetch them the course or school they applied for.
After The Release of JAMB Official Cut Off Mark
At this time, candidates will be able to compare their JAMB results with the official cut off mark of the school they are applying to and see if they are qualified to participate in the school’s post-utme screening exercise.
For those who they score won’t be enough to gain them admission into the University, Polytechnic, or Colleges of Education they applied, will now have to do a change of institution.
This is usually when the need arises and as such, JAMB makes the form available for the affected candidates to proceed and effect the necessary changes.
CHANGES THAT REQUIRES JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE OR JAMB CHANGE OF INSTITUTION.
So many people has been asking to know the kind of changes or data that can be effected on the JAMB Change of Course and Institution form. below we are going to explain to you some of the changes you can make.
- Changing from Polytechnic As First Choice to University as First Choice: Candidates in this Category are those who already made Polytechnic their First Choice in JAMB. They can now proceed to do a Change of Institution into any desired University.
- Changing from University As First Choice to Polytechnic as First Choice: Candidates in this Category are those who already made University their First Choice in JAMB. They can now proceed to do a Change of Institution into any desired Polytechnic.
- Changing from One University As First Choice to Another University as First Choice: Candidates in this Category are those who already made University their First Choice in JAMB. They can now proceed to do a Change of Institution into another University as they First Choice.
- Changing from University As First Choice to University as Second Choice then Polytechnic as First Choice: Candidates in this Category are those who already made University their First Choice and Polytechnic their Second choice in JAMB. They can now proceed to do a Change of Institution and make Polytechnic their First Choice, then University their Second Choice. This is advisable if you are changing to a University that Accept Second Choice. See Universities that Accept Second Choice Here.
- Changing from One Course To Another: Candidates in this Category are those who wants to change either they First Choice, Second Choice or Third Choice Course to another one entirely.
Note: The safest and quickest way to do JAMB change of course and institution is by going to any nearest JAMB accredited registration centers.
FAQS ON JAMB CHANGE ON COURSE AND INSTITUTION
CAN I DO A JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE AND INSTITUTION?
Yes. If you made any mistake concerning the Course you want to study or the University or Institution that you want to study in, You can be able to change or correct it to your desired course or University.
WHEN WILL I DO A CHANGE OF COURSE OR INSTITUTION?
Knowing that JAMB Change of Course and or Institution is possible if one made a mistake while choosing Course or University, The Next Question is: Is is after JAMB Registration or Before JAMB Registration Deadline that i can do a change of Institution?
The answer is No. Jamb change of course or institution is done after the release of JAMB Result when all JAMB examination has taken place.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR CHANGE OF COURSE AND INSTITUTION TO REFLECT?
Have you done a Change of institution but it has not yet appeared or reflected in your Profile? How long does it take for it to appear?
To answer the question, As at Last Year Downward; JAMB Change of Course and Institution reflects or appears immediately it is done. I have heard a lot of people complaining that the have done the change of institution or course for almost some time now but they have not seen the changes or it has not reflected on the new school they applied to.
To make sure it is done correctly and to be on the safer side, please Visit An Accredited Center and Do your Change if need be.
If the changes has not reflected, go back to the center you did the change and complain to them or you can go to the nearest JAMB Office and Complain to them.
Note: There is no time to waste as most schools have started selling their Post-UTME Form and if you don’t do it fast, you may end up missing the Screening or not applying at all.
Candidates who wish to do a change of Course or Institution are to visit the nearest Accredited JAMB Registration Center or visit the center where they did their JAMB Registration and do the Change of Course or Institution.
How Much Is JAMB Change Of Course And Institution Form
JAMB Change of Course and Institution cost is around N2,500.
So candidates who wish to do a change of course should anticipate that the amount will be around N2,500.
To Also Learn how to correct other errors or mistakes made during JAMB Registration, Click Here.
- JAMB Profile Login | How to Login And Check Your JAMB Profile
- Universities & Polytechnics That Accept 180, 170, 160, 150, 140, 130, 120 Cut Off Mark for Admission
- JAMB Result 2020 | How To Check JAMB Result on JAMB Portal 2020
- How To Upgrade Your JAMB Result Score 2020 By Yourself
- See Why You Have Not Seen Your JAMB Result And What To Do About It
- JAMB Result Not Displaying in Full | Solutions To Display Full JAMB Result
- Is JAMB Result for 2020 Out? When Will JAMB 2020 Result Come Out?
- How To Check JAMB Result 2020 With Only Registration Number