The Mathematics Jamb Syllabus for candidates that will be writing 2020 JAMB has been published below.
Do you need a help to start studying and preparing for your Jamb?
JAMB 2020 Syllabus For Mathematics
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Mathematics is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test the achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
(1) acquire computational and manipulative skills;
(2) develop precise, logical and formal reasoning skills;
(3) apply mathematical concepts to resolve issues in daily living;
This Mathematics syllabus is divided into five sections:
I. Number and Numeration.
Detailed Topics On Jamb Mathematics Syllabus
Number And Numeration
- Number Bases
- Fractions, Decimals, Approximations and Percentages
- Indices, Logarithms and Surds
- Binary Operation
- Matrices and Determinants
- Euclidean Geometry
- Coordinate Geometry
- Application of Differentiation
- Representation Of Date
- Measures of Location
- Measures of Dispersion
- Permutation and Combination
Instructions To Candidates On How To Use The Jamb Mathematics Syllabus
Candidates that will be writing Mathematics in jamb are expected to have broad knowledge in all the Sections Outlined above especially Calculus, Algebra and Statistics.
Solve as many examples as you can in all the sections and master the best shortcut you can as no much time will be given that day for all the questions.
Recommended Text Books To Cover Jamb Mathematics Syllabus
- Adelodun A. A (2000) Distinction in Mathematics: Comprehensive Revision Text, (3rd Edition) Ado -Ekiti: FNPL.
- Anyebe, J. A. B (1998) Basic Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools and Remedial Students in Higher/ institutions, Lagos: Kenny Moore.
- Channon, J. B. Smith, A. M (2001) New General Mathematics for West Africa SSS 1 to 3, Lagos: Longman.
- David -Osuagwu, M. et al (2000) New School Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publishers.
- Egbe. E et al (2000) Further Mathematics, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publishers
- Ibude, S. O. et al (2003) Agebra and Calculus for Schools and Colleges: LINCEL Publishers.
- Tuttuh – Adegun M. R. et al (1997), Further Mathematics Project Books 1 to 3, Ibadan: NPS Educational