What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Guidance and Counseling? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Guidance and Counseling then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Guidance and Counseling under the faculty of Education in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Guidance and Counseling under the faculty of Education that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Guidance and Counseling has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Guidance and Counseling also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Guidance and Counseling here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Guidance and Counseling
The subjects required to study Guidance and Counseling in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE NTC/NBC credits or TC II merit passes including English Language with at least a pass in Mathematics.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UNIABUJA, EBSU, TASUED and UNILAG require credit passes in two Arts/Science subjects in addition to English Language and Mathematics.
(ii) DELSU requires credit pass in Mathematics and a pass in Biology/Health Sciences
(iii) UNILAG requires five (5) credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any two (2) of Literature in English, History or Government, French, Geography, Yoruba/Igbo, crk/irs, Economics.
(iv) IMSU requires English Language, Biology, one Science subject and two others.
(v) TASUED requires Five ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include English Language, Biology and other subjects from Arts, Social Sciences or Sciences. Credit in Mathematics is compulsory for those with teaching subject options in Science and social Sciences.
(vi) UI – requires 5 ‘O’ level credit passes at one sitting including English Language, Biology and other Arts/Social Science subjects.
(vii) UNN accepts with Teaching subject 4-year Degree Programme
(a) Minimum University requirement plus at least a pass at credit level in WASC/NECO/TC II etc in teaching subject to be combined.
(b) Additional requirements for specific subject combination include:
(1) “G/C combined with a Science Teaching subject (mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Integrated Science) – As in Ed/Science.
(2) G/C combined with Social Science Teaching Subject (Social Studies, Economics, Geography, Political science) – As in Ed/Social Science.
(3) G/C combined with Arts Teaching subject (English, French, Music, Igbo linguistics, History, Religious studies, Fine and Applied Arts) – As in Ed/Arts.
(viii) NDU requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English, Mathematics, Biology and any other two subjects.
(ix) IAUED – Same as in Education and Management.
(x) BSU requires five (5) O’ level credit passes in English Language and at least a pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
(xi) NDU requires five O’ level credit passes in English, Mathematics, Biology and any other two subjects in not more than two sittings.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Guidance and Counseling under the faculty of Education. If the Guidance and Counseling you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Guidance and Counseling
This section contains the list of universities that offer Guidance and Counseling in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Guidance and Counseling posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Guidance and Counseling:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Al-Hikmah University
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Babcock University
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Cross River State University of Technology
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal University, Kashere
- Ignatius Ajuru University
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Lead City University
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Osun State University
- Sokoto State University
- Tai Solarin University of Education
- University of Abuja
- University of Ibadan
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto