What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Fisheries and Aquaculture? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Fisheries and Aquaculture then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Fisheries and Aquaculture under the faculty of Agriculture in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Fisheries and Aquaculture under the faculty of Agriculture that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Fisheries and Aquaculture has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Fisheries and Aquaculture also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Fisheries and Aquaculture here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Fisheries and Aquaculture
The subjects required to study Fisheries and Aquaculture in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Biology/Agric Science, Mathematics and Physics/Geography/Economics.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) RSUST and DELSU accept a pass (P.7) in English Language.
(ii) UNAAB requires:
a) Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
b) At least a pass in Physics.
c) Candidates with pass grade in Biology must possess credit pass in Agricultural Science.It does not accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
(iii) RSUST requires a pass in Physics.
(iv) UNIBADAN – The sixth subject for candidates presenting two O’ level results could be geography or Economics.
(v) FUTO requires five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Economics. It accepts a Pass in Physics in not more than two sittings.
(vi) UNN accepts five O ’level credit passes in subjects which must include English Lang., Biology/or Agric. Science, chemistry and either mathematics or physics.
(vii) FUTA requires a Credit in Physics and does not accept Geography and Economics.
(viii) RSUST requires credit pass in Agricultural Science with at least a pass in Biology. It also requires credit passes in Chemistry, Economics and Mathematics.
(ix) EBSU requires at least a pass in Physics.
(x) FUTA requires five (5) credits in WASSCE or GCE (O/L) or equivalent at a maximum of two (2) sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science and Economics or Geography. At least a pass in Physics is required.
(xi) UNIOSUN requires five ‘O’ Level credit passes in the SSCE or its equivalent at not more than two sittings in addition to an acceptable credit pass in the UTME.
(xii) FUAM requires At least five SSCE/NECO/GCE O’ Level credits at not more than two sittings.
– The five credits O’ Level shall include the following:
– Credits in Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science; Mathematics, English, and any other Science subject among Physics, Geography and Economics.Credit in Physics is not compulsory. A candidate with a pass in Mathematics but credit in Physics will be accepted. A candidate with a pass in Biology but credits (C5 and above) in Agric. Science will be accepted. A pass in English is also accepted.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Fisheries and Aquaculture under the faculty of Agriculture. If the Fisheries and Aquaculture you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Fisheries and Aquaculture
This section contains the list of universities that offer Fisheries and Aquaculture in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Fisheries and Aquaculture posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Fisheries and Aquaculture:
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
- Federal University, Wukari
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Osun State University
- Salem University
- University of Uyo