What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Education and Physics? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Education and Physics then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Education and Physics under the faculty of Education in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Education and Physics under the faculty of Education that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Education and Physics has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Education and Physics also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Education and Physics here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Education and Physics
The subjects required to study Education and Physics in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credits to include English Language, Physics, Mathematics and two other Science subjects or NTC/NBC.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) DELSU and MAUTECH accept a pass in English Language or a pass in TC II or NCE General English.
(ii) UNIBEN requires 2 other Science subjects, one of which should be Chemistry/Agricultural Science/Biology/Further Mathematics.
(iii) FUGUS accepts a minimum of Pass 7 in English Language.
(iv) UNIJOS does not accept Integrated Science.
(v) ABU accepts TC II (Merit).
(vi) UNIUYO requires a Credit pass in Chemistry and may accept a Pass 7 in English Language.
(vii) FUGUS requires credit pass in Chemistry.
(viii) IAUED and UMYU require five O/Level credits passes which must include Physics, Mathematics, English Language and any other two subjects preferably Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Geography/Physics and Biology.
(ix) LASU accepts WAEC/NECO/SSCE credit pass in English Language and Mathematics.
(x) TASUED requires Five ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any other 2/3 subjects from Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Further Mathematics Agricultural Science and Computer Science.
(xi) OAU requires five ‘O’ level credits which must include English Language, Physics, Mathematics and two other subjects, one of which should be Chemistry or Agric. Science or Biology or Additional/Further Mathematics
(xii) UNIOSUN requires credit passes in two other relevant science subjects, Geography inclusive.
(xiii) KSU requires two other subjects from Social Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Agric. Science and Economics.
(xiv) UNILAG requires five O’level Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and one other Science subject of Biology and Agric. Science.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Education and Physics under the faculty of Education. If the Education and Physics you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Education and Physics
This section contains the list of universities that offer Education and Physics in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Education and Physics posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Education and Physics:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina, Katsina, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Cross River State University of Technology
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma
- Federal University, Kashere
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University
- Gombe State University
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Ignatius Ajuru University
- Sule Lamido University
- Kano University of Science and Technology
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology of Science and Technology
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Lagos State University
- Lead City University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Osun State University
- Sokoto State University
- Tai Solarin University of Education
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University of Abuja
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Yobe State University