What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Education and Mathematics? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Education and Mathematics then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Education and Mathematics under the faculty of Education in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Education and Mathematics under the faculty of Education that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Education and Mathematics has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Education and Mathematics also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Education and Mathematics here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Education and Mathematics
The subjects required to study Education and Mathematics in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics plus one other Science subject.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) IMSU accepts a Pass 7 in English Language for candidates with distinction in subjects relevant to the course.
(ii) UNILORIN, UNIABUJA and OOU accept TC II (merit/credit) in relevant subjects.
(iii) LASU and IMSU require Physics and any other Science subject.
(iv) UNILAG accepts the other Science subject from Physics, and two other science subjects of Chemistry, Biology, Agric. Science (including at least a pass in Further Mathematics).
(v) UNIBEN requires 2 other Science/Social Science subjects.
(vi) UNIJOS does not accept TC II in Arithmetic as subject for ‘O’ level mathematics.
(vii) RSUST and ABU require Two other Science subjects.
(viii) UNIUYO requires a credit pass in English Language and Physics.
(ix) TASUED does not accept Agricultural Science as Science subject.
(x) CRUTECH requires credit passes in Physics and either Chemistry or Biology.
(xi) UNIOSUN and AAUA also require credit in Physics.
(xii) UMYU requires five credit passes including English Language, Mathematics and any other three subjects preferably Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Agric Science
(xiii) LASU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level Passes in SSCE/NECO, GCE to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics plus three of Biology, Chemistry, Geography /Physics, Physics, and Economics
(xiv) MAUTECH requires:
(a) five (5) ‘O’ level credits in the SSCE/WASC/NECO/GCE in relevant subjects including, English and Mathematics.
(b) Grade II Teachers’ Certificate with a minimum of merit grade in at least five (5) relevant subjects including English and Mathematics.
(xv) TASUED requires Five ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, and at least two subjects from Biology, Physics, Statistics, Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Economics and Geography/Physics
(xvi) UNICAL requires five O/L credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any two of Chemistry, Biology and Agricultural Science.
(xvii) BUK requires five O’ Level Credits passes to include English language, Mathematics plus three other Science subject.
(xviii) OAU requires five SSCE credit passes which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry and any two other two subjects.
(xix) IAUED – Same as in Computer Education.
(xx) GO requires three other Science subjects.
(xxi) KSU requires five Credits at SSCE and or GCE O/Level in English Language, Mathematics and three other Science subjects from Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Agric. Science, Economics.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Education and Mathematics under the faculty of Education. If the Education and Mathematics you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Education and Mathematics
This section contains the list of universities that offer Education and Mathematics in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Education and Mathematics posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Education and Mathematics:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Al-Hikmah University
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina, Katsina, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benson Idahosa University
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Cross River State University of Technology
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma
- Federal University, Kashere
- Godfrey Okoye University
- Gombe State University
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Ignatius Ajuru University
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Sule Lamido University
- Kano University of Science and Technology
- Katsina University
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology of Science and Technology
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Lagos State University
- Lead City University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Sokoto State University
- Tai Solarin University of Education
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University of Abuja
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Mkar
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto