What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Education and Economics? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Education and Economics then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Education and Economics under the faculty of Education in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Education and Economics under the faculty of Education that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Education and Economics has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Education and Economics also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Education and Economics here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Education and Economics
The subjects required to study Education and Economics in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes to include English Language, Economics and Mathematics.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UDUSOK requires candidates without credit in Mathematics to take and pass Basic Mathematics.
(ii) UNILORIN accepts a pass in Mathematics.
(iii) ABSU, UNIJOS and UNIABUJA accept ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics but such candidates may be required to pass a remedial course in the 1st year.
(iv) OAU requires O’ level credit passes in five subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics and Economics plus any other two subjects or Five TC II credit/merit passes must include English Language, Mathematics and Social Studies.
(v) UNIBEN requires any other Social Science subject in addition to Economics.
(vi) EKSU requires two Social Science subjects.
(vii) TASUED requires Five ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings in English, Mathematics, Economics and any two/three Science or Social Science.
(viii) UNIOSUN requires Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or its equivalents with credit level passes in five (5) subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Economics to form the core subjects, with credit in three (3) other relevant Art or Social Science subject at not more than two sittings. The candidate must earn an acceptable score in the UTME
(ix) EBSU Five `O` level credits in English, Mathematics, Economics, Biology and any other social science subject.
(x) UNILAG requires two (2) other subjects from Geography, Government and Accounting.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Education and Economics under the faculty of Education. If the Education and Economics you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Education and Economics
This section contains the list of universities that offer Education and Economics in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Education and Economics posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Education and Economics:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Al-Hikmah University
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Babcock University
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benson Idahosa University
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University, Kashere
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Gregory University, Uturu, Uturu
- Ignatius Ajuru University
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Lagos State University
- Lead City University
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Osun State University
- Tai Solarin University of Education
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University of Abuja
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Yobe State University