What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Pharmacy? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Pharmacy then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Pharmacy under the faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Pharmacy under the faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Pharmacy has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Pharmacy also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Pharmacy here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Pharmacy
The subjects required to study Pharmacy in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UNIBADAN require the O level Credit passes at one sitting.
(ii) UNILAG requires Physics, Chemistry and Biology in Addition to English Language and Mathematics. As in Medicine.
(iii) NDU requires the five ‘O’ level credit passes in not more than two sittings.
(iv) UNN and UNIUYO – Requirements in not more than two sittings.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Pharmacy under the faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences. If the Pharmacy you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Pharmacy
This section contains the list of universities that offer Pharmacy in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Pharmacy posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Pharmacy:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Bayero University, Kano
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Gombe State University
- Igbinedion University
- Kaduna State University
- Madonna University
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto