What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Chemical Engineering? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Chemical Engineering then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Chemical Engineering under the faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Chemical Engineering under the faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Chemical Engineering has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Chemical Engineering also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Chemical Engineering here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Chemical Engineering
The subjects required to study Chemical Engineering in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English Language and any other Science subject.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) ESUTECH accepts a pass in English Language.
(ii) FUTO accepts any other Science subjects as the fifth subject and not more than two sittings.
(iii) OSUSTECH and UNILAGOS require a credit pass in Further Mathematics as the fifth subject.
(vi) ILORIN accepts Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Chemical Engineering under the faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology. If the Chemical Engineering you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Chemical Engineering
This section contains the list of universities that offer Chemical Engineering in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Chemical Engineering posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Chemical Engineering:
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Caritas University
- Covenant University, Ota
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Igbinedion University
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- Landmark University
- Madonna University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Nigeria Turkish Nile University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology
- University of Abuja
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo