The JUPEB admission form of Bowen University for 2018/2019 academic session is currently out on sale. The management has released the steps and eligibility to apply for Bowen University JUPEB admission.
The general public are hereby informed that Bowen University JUPEB form for admission into 2018/2019 academic session has been released by the management.
Recommended Just For You
Did You Had a Low JAMB Score? Gain Admission Directly Into 200 Level Without JAMB in any university of your choice. Call 07032622910 NOW!
About Bowen university A Level Programme
The Bowen University Advanced Level Programe was established five (5) years ago (2013) and the University is one of the earliest universities running the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) programme. It has centers at Iwo, Osun State and Akute in Lagos State. It is an intensive coaching programme from our dedicated lecturers in a conducive learning environment aimed at preparing students to pass Advanced Level examination (s) that would qualify them for Direct Entry admission to degree programmes at Bowen University or other universities within and outside the country.
The Bowen University Advanced Level Programme (BUALP) aims at:
- preparing students for full-time Direct Entry admission to the university
- engaging the students academically, intellectually and socially in readiness for their various course of study
- developing students’ knowledge and skills in core subjects relevant to their proposed course of study
- The university keeps high moral and spiritual standards to mould the character (manners) of its students.
Bowen University JUPEB Admission Requirements.
- All applicants for Bowen University Advanced Level Programme are required to have credits at SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalent in at least five (5) subjects. The five credits must be obtained at not more than two (2) sittings. Three (3) of the subjects must be relevant to their intended degree programmes.
- However, deficiency is allowed in Mathematics for Humanities/Arts candidates or English Language for Science candidates but not in both subjects. Such candidates may be permitted to take the affected Ordinary Level subject(s) concurrently with his/her Advanced Level subjects.
- Candidates admitted to the programme with two (2) O’Level sittings must have satisfied possessing the minimum of five (5) O’Level credits before registration.
How to Apply for Bowen University JUPEB Admission and Other Details.
Programme Examination Types
The Bowen University Advanced Level Programme offers students the opportunity to take examinations of the following bodies:
(i) Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB)
(ii) Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
Programme Duration/Examination Time
Candidates willing to take up studies in the Bowen University Advanced Level Programme will spend between ten (10) months and twenty-four (24) months depending on the examination type the candidate will be taking
|EXAMINATION BOARD||A-LEVEL PROGRAMME DURATION||EXAMINATION TIME|
Placement into Degree Programmes: Placement to degree programmes is not automatic but shall be based on obtaining the required grades at the prescribed A’ Level examination for issuing Direct Entry certificates and satisfying all other conditions as prescribed for his/her course of study.
Programme Subjects: The BUALP offers the subjects based on the examination type the candidate will be taking.
JUPEB Advanced Level Subjects:
- MANAGEMENT & SOCIAL SCIENCES SUBJECTS: Accounting, Economics, Government and Business Studies.
- SCIENCE SUBJECTS: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Agricultural Science.
- HUMANITIES AND ARTS: Literature in English, Government, Christian Religious Studies and History.
Nature of Examination: Candidates are expected to offer a minimum of two (2) or a maximum of three (3) combinable subjects at the examination of any of the examining board relevant for pursuance of a university degree on successful completion of the programme.
Mode of Study: The mode of study shall be fully residential at the Bowen University’s campus, Iwo Osun State and non residential at the Bowen Campus, Akute, Lagos.
Application Form: #7,500.000
Filling of Application Forms: Application forms are available at the University website. Download, print and complete the application form.
Date of Screening Exercise
Candidates are to come for the screening exercise at Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State on Thursday, 9th August, 2018 with the following documents, (original and photocopies):
- Completed Application form
- Birth certificate
- Statement of result/certificate
- Seven Thousand Five Hundred naira (#7,500.000) for admission form.