When is Babcock University resumption date for 2020/2021? If you want to know when Babcock University will be resuming academic activities for the current session then you are going to benefit from this post created primarily for updates on Babcock University resumption date.
Sequel to the introduction made above, the general public are hereby informed that Babcock University resumption date for 2020/2021 academic session has been announced by the management of the university.
I know you are much eager to see when Babcock University will be commencing academic activities and you are going to get just that. Before then, let us give a brief background information on the school.
About Babcock University
Babcock University is one of the private universities in Nigeria located in Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, Nigeria. It is among the best private universities in Nigeria that was established/founded in 1959.
Babcock University Resumption Date
January 17, 2021.
Babcock University will resume on the 17th of January, 2021.
|January 17, 2021||A. Basic Clinical Sciences|
B. Clinical Sciences
C. Basic Medical Sciences
|8am – 10am|
|D. School of Computing and Engineering Sciences|
E. School of Education and Humanities
F. Foundation Students
|11am – 3pm|
|January 19, 2021||A. Veronica Adeleke School of Social Sciences||8am – 10am|
|B. School of Science and Technology||11am – 1pm|
|C. School of Public and Allied Health||2pm – 4pm|
|January 21, 2021||A. School of Management Sciences||8am – 10am|
|B. School of Nursing||11am – 1pm|
|C. School of Law and Security Studies||2pm – 4pm|
- Orientation and registration of fresh students will hold from January 24-31, 2021.
- On-site lectures for fresh students will begin on February 1, 2021.
- On-site mid-semester examination for fresh students will take place from March 15- 18, 2021.
- Departure of 100 level students to continue on-line learning at home will be on March 19, 2021.
- On-line First Semester Examination for fresh students will take place from April 29- May 11, 2021.
b. Resumption of Returning Students
Returning students will arrive on campus in phases. Therefore, Batch A returning students are scheduled to arrive on campus as listed below:
|January 24, 2021||A. Basic Medical Sciences||8am – 10am|
|B. Foundation Studies||11am – 1pm|
|C. Clinical Medical Students||2pm – 4pm|
|January 25, 2021||A. Veronica Adeleke School of Social Sciences||8am – 12pm|
|B. School of Public and Allied Health||2pm – 4pm|
|January 26, 2021||A. School of Management Sciences||8am – 12pm|
|B. School of Science and Technology||2pm – 4pm|
|January 27, 2021||A. School of Law and Security Studies||8am – 12pm|
|B. School of Nursing||2pm – 4pm|
|January 28, 2021||A. School of Education and Humanities||8am – 4pm|
|B. School Computing and Engineering Sciences||2pm – 4pm|
In the same vein, Batch B returning students are to arrive on campus as stated hereunder:
|March 21, 2021||Basic Medical Sciences (BMS)||8am – 1pm|
|Public and Allied Health||2pm – 4pm|
|March 22, 2021||Science and Technology||8am – 1pm|
|School of Nursing||2pm – 4pm|
|March 23, 2021||Computing and Engineering Science||8am – 1pm|
|Education and Humanities||2pm – 4pm|
|March 24, 2021||Veronica Adeleke School of Social Sciences||8am – 1pm|
|March 25, 2021||Law and Security Studies||8am – 11am|
|School of Management Sciences||12pm – 4pm|
ON-LINE LECTURES AND OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES FOR RETURNING STUDENTS
Returning Batches, A and B students are made up of 200L, 400L and 500L students.
BATCH A Returning Students
- On-line Lectures for All Returning Students will take place from January 18-29, 2021.
- On-line lectures for Batch A Students will commence on March 22, 2021.
- On-site Lectures for Batch A returning students begin on February 1, 2021.
- On-site Mid-Semester Examination for Batch A returning is scheduled March 15-18, 2021.
- On-line Second Semester Examination for Batch A Students will take place from April 29- May 11, 2021.
BATCH B Returning Students
- On-line lectures will continue for Batch B returning students on February 1, 2021.
- On-line Mid-Semester Examination for Batch B returning students will take place from March 15- 18, 2021.
- On-site learning for Batch B students begin on March 29, 2021.
- On-site Second Semester Examination for Batch B students will run from April 29-May 11, 2021.
d. Rapid Diagnostic Test
In tandem with our painstaking commitment to the wellness and well being of our students while on campus, returning students will be required to undergo Rapid Diagnostic lest at no cost to students and parents, but at a cost to the University. This test shall be conducted for all returning students at the University Amphitheatre on resumption.
The result of the test takes about 20 minutes. If the result of the student is okay, the student proceeds
straight to the hall of residence. Any student with positive result from antibody testing will go through standard COVID-19 screening (PCR) at the University Amphitheatre. Meanwhile, the student will be isolated in the designated halls (Bethel Splendour for males and Ogden for females) pending the outcome of the PCR testing. The cost or the PCR testing will be borne by the student.
e. COVID-19 Screening
All fresh students will undergo screening for COVID-19 at the University’s Amphitheatre. The cost, which is twenty-five thousand naira, will be borne by the individual fresh student. After undergoing the screening exercise, students will be conveyed to designated halls of residence.
Two students will be accommodated in a room each pending the outcome of the screening for each student. The result of the screening will be out in 48 hours. All students with negative results will thereafter be allocated rooms in the halls of residence they had paid for prior to resumption.
Those who test positive (we pray there will be none by the grace of God) will be taken to the University’s isolation centre for treatment in line with established COVID-19 protocols until their subsequent tests show negative twice consecutively. They will then be conveyed into their halls of residence.
NOTE ALSO THAT:
All fresh and returning students are required to:
- Come with their COVID-19 safety kits (face mask and alcohol-based hand sanitizer) on resumption. Students who can afford it may come with their infrared thermometer.
- Only students with proof of payment of school fees, or sufficient balance in their student accounts will be allowed on campus.
- While on campus, students are required to adhere strictly to the COVID-19 protocols as approved by the Federal Ministry of Health.
- The full information of the University’s academic calendar is on our official website www.babcock.edu.ng
For further enquiries, please contact the necessary University officers listed below:
|Adetunji Esther-||Law & Security Studies||(+234) 8072090 122|
|Dogo Edafe –||CES||(+234)8072090 557|
|Akalawu Alex||EAH||(+234) 8072090 483|
|Ndien Justina||SAT/PAH||(+234) 8072090 482|
|Madukoma Goodluck||VASSS||(+234) 8072090 507|
|Ayanlowo Felicia||SMS||(+234) 8072090 494|
|Ayeni Ifeoma||BSCM||(+234) 8072090 621|
|Emea Monica||Nursing||(+234) 8072090 198|
|Rosanwo Taiwo||(+234) 8072090 216|
|Blessing Ugo-Harry||(+234) 8072090 227|
|Kehinde Somefun||(+234) 8072090 218|
Once more, be assured of the Vice Chancellor’s highest regards for your partnership with the University.
Joshua Suleiman, PhD
Director, Communications & Marketing.
Currently, the resumption date of the Babcock University is updated above. However, the federal government of Nigeria has given the authorisation for all institutions in Nigeria to remain closed until January 18, 2021.
Bearing that in mind, Babcock University resumption date will be as from January especially if ASUU strike is eased for the time being. So if ASUU strike is not in play, Babcock University will resume by January, if not, then it will be as from February 2021 or beyond.
We are going to update this page as soon as a fixed resumption date for Babcock University is officially made public by the management. Until then, keep on checking this page for update on Babcock University resumption date.