Are you interested in taking up a postgraduate programme in the Imo State University? Do you want to know how to proceed with IMSU postgraduate registration? If yes, then let me use this opportunity to inform you that IMSU postgraduate form for admission into 2019/2020 academic session is out.
The Imo State University postgraduate admission form has been released by the management.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission into the under listed Postgraduate Diploma and higher degree (full-time and part-time) programmes of Imo State University in the 2019/2020 academic session.
Before you apply for postgraduate admission, you need to know the list of Postgraduate courses offered in the University. So, you can checkout Imo State University (IMSU) Postgraduate Courses here.
IMSU Postgraduate Admission Form Registration Requirement & Procedures
All prospective applicants must possess at least 5 O’level Credit passes at not more than 2 sittings from WASC, GCE, NABTEB, NECO or TC II. For all Social Science courses, a credit in Mathematics is required. Apart from the basic UME of five credits, two of the credits must be in English and Mathematics in all disciplines in the Faculty of Education. Any candidate who does not satisfy the O’level requirements for the courses of choice shall not be considered for admission. In addition, there are specific Departmental/Faculty requirements, which applicants have to meet. Details of these are available on this portal.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Applicants must hold a good honours degree or at least HND, from an institution recognised by the Senate of Imo State University, Owerri. However, applicants for PGD in Construction Management may be considered if they have certain other certificates plus not less than ten years post qualification experience in a related field. For PGD in Medical Laboratory Science, applicants must possess AIMLS/AIMLT or FIMLT or equivalent qualifications registrable with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN).
Masters Degree Programmes
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with second class honours in relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 0 on a 5-point scale, minimum CGPA of 2.4 on 4-point scale, minimum of 60% on 100% scale or Postgraduate Diploma at Credit or Higher level in the relevant discipline, or equivalent qualification.
- For Masters Degree in Education (Measurement and Evaluation) the candidates must have adequate mathematics background.
- Applicants for Sc. Architecture may be required to present a portfolio of their work and/or appear for interview.
- MPA applicants must have a minimum of five years postgraduate working experience.
- Applicants to the Masters programme will take a screening test on date to be fixed.
PhD Degree Programmes
Masters degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent qualifications with at least 3.5 CGPA on 5-point scale, 3.00 on a 4-point scale or 70% on 100%. Applicants for the PhD programme will take a screening test on a date to be fixed. Applicants will find information on this on the SPGS website (www.imsu.edu.ng).
MPhil/PhD Degree Programmes
Masters degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent qualifications with CGPA of 3.0 – 3.49 on 5-point scale, 2.4 – 2.93 on a 4-point scale or 60% – 69% on 100%.
NOTE: Applicants for the Masters Degree, MPhil/PhD and PhD programmes will take a screening test on a date to be fixed. Applicants will find information on this on the SPGS website (www.imsu.edu.ng).
NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
Photocopies of NYSC discharge or exemption certificate must be attached to the completed application forms, to merit consideration.
Candidates are advised to apply to their former institutions to forward authenticated copies of their transcripts under sealed cover directly to Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS). Candidates should note that their application may not be processed without all the supporting documents, including transcript, certificates, passport photographs, and referee reports.
The normal duration for PGD programmes is two semesters for full-time and four semesters for part-time students. For Masters Students, it is three semesters for full-time and six semesters for part-time. For Ph.D Programmes, the minimum duration is six semesters for full time and eight semesters for part-time. In addition to the admission requirements, every candidate in regular employment must submit with his/her application a formal letter of release for Postgraduate studies issued by his/her employer.
Method of Application.
Candidates are required to collect scratch cards from the following Banks: ZENITH BANK, DIAMOND BANK, FIRST BANK, ECO BANK, IMO MICRO FINANCE, UBA and FCMB for a sum of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000.00) and log on to our website at www.imsu.edu.ng to complete the application form, print and submit a copy at the School of Postgraduate Studies.
(1) Obtain a registration card containing your application PIN Code from ZENITH BANK, FIRST BANK, ECO BANK, UBA, IMSU Microfinance Bank, and FCMB for a sum of N20,000.00 Application Fee to the cashier.
(2) Create your Application Account on this portal.
(3) Login to your Application Account using your username and password. Note, your username doubles as your application number. Thus you must take note of them for further transactions on this portal.
(4) Fill correctly all required information on the Application form.
(6) Submit each application stage on completion before proceeding to the next stage.
(7) Verify and print your fully completed application form.
(8) Take your application form to the screening centre as registration evidence.
(9) For helpdesk call 08065278582
IMSU Postgraduate Registration Closing Date.
Closing date for application for the 2019/2020 session is 14th February, 2020. All application forms must be completed and returned to The Secretary, School Of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS) on or before 14th February, 2020.
The School of Postgraduate Studies expects the recommendations by referees in sealed separate envelopes; referees report could either come with the main application forms or be mailed directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies before the deadline for the submission of forms.
Please note that incomplete information or late submission of forms may delay/prevent action on such application.