Hi welcome to the Clemson Academic Calendar for 2023-2024 page. Here we have listed all of the activities conducted by the school for you. Each academic calendar specifies the dates when students can sign up for, drop, or withdraw from classes. However, your primary motivation for using an academic calendar will be scheduling your time and practicing time management.
According to PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, academic calendars “are systems that academic institutions use to define the landmark dates driving much of their day-to-day business.” Colleges and universities establish calendar dates for payments and financial aid applications. These dates encompass critical information such as the first and last day of classes, holidays, and graduation commencements.
An academic calendar serves as a reminder of important events for students, instructors, and staff throughout the academic year and semester. It also benefits parents, alumni, and potential students.
Each educational institution creates its own academic calendar with specific dates. For example, one college might commence classes on August 30, while another begins on September 6. Nevertheless, these organizations may also follow similar schedules, such as observing holidays like Thanksgiving.
Is a public land-grant research university in Clemson, South Carolina. Founded in 1889, Clemson is the second-largest university by enrollment in South Carolina. For the fall 2019 semester, the university enrolled a total of 20,195 undergraduate students and 5,627 graduate students, and the student/faculty ratio was 18:1. Clemson’s 1,400-acre campus is in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The campus now borders Lake Hartwell, which was formed by the dam completed in 1962. The university manages the nearby 17,500-acre Clemson Experimental Forest that is used for research, education, and recreation.
Clemson University consists of seven colleges: Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences; Architecture, Arts and Humanities; The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business; Behavioral, Social and Health Sciences; Education; Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences; and Science. Clemson University is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity.”
Clemson academic calendar 2023-2024 (Fall & Spring)
- Aug 21, Mon – Aug 22, TueLate enrollment
- Aug 21, MonUniversity Convocation
- Aug 23, WedClasses begin
- Aug 29, TueLast day to register or add a class or declare Audit
- Sep 4, MonLabor Day holiday
- Sep 6, WedLast day to drop a class or withdraw from the University without a W grade
- Sep 12, TueLast day to apply for December graduation
- Oct 13, FriLast day for instructors to issue midterm evaluations
- Oct 16, Mon – Oct 17, TueFall break
- Nov 1, WedLast day to drop a class or withdraw from the University without final grades
- Nov 6, MonRegistration for spring term begins
- Nov 22, Wed – Nov 24, FriThanksgiving holidays
- Dec 7, Thu – Dec 8, FriClasses meet; exams permitted in labs and one-hour courses only
- Dec 11, Mon – Dec 15, FriExaminations
- Dec 18, Mon9:00 A.M.–Deadline to submit candidate grades
- Dec 20, Wed9:00 A.M.–Deadline to submit other grades
- Dec 20, WedCandidates for graduation may access grades
- Dec 20, WedDoctoral Hooding
- Dec 21, Thu – Graduation
- Jan 9, Mon – Jan 10, TueLate enrollment
- Jan 9, MonOrientation
- Jan 11, WedClasses begin
- Jan 16, MonMartin Luther King Jr. holiday
- Jan 18, WedLast day to register or add a class or declare Audit
- Jan 25, WedLast day to drop a class or withdraw from the University without a W grade
- Feb 1, WedLast day to apply for May commencement
- Mar 3, FriLast day for instructors to issue midterm evaluations
- Mar 17, FriLast day to drop a class or withdraw from the University without final grades
- Mar 20, Mon – Mar 24, FriSpring break
- Apr 8, Sat – Apr 15, SatHonors and Awards Week
- Apr 10, MonRegistration for summer and fall terms begin
- Apr 27, Thu – Apr 28, FriClasses meet; exams permitted in labs and one-hour courses only
- May 1, Mon – May 5, FriExaminations
- May 8, Mon9:00 A.M.–Deadline to submit candidate grades
- May 9, TueDoctoral Hooding
- May 10, Wed9:00 A.M.–Deadline to submit other grades
- May 10, WedCandidates for commencement may access grades
- May 11, Thu – May 12, FriCommencement
Check out other Fall & Spring Parts-of-Term Academic Schedule from the school.
FAQs on Clemson academic calendar 2023-2024
How long is Christmas break at Clemson?
24 – Fri., Nov. 25) and Winter Break (Mon., Dec. 26 – Mon., Jan 2).
Does Clemson have quarters or semesters?
Clemson University is on a semester system. Semester systems are typically around 14-16 weeks long.
What day does Clemson class of 2023 graduate?
Winter 2023 Graduation is on: December 21, 2023
The Doctoral Hooding Ceremony will be held December 20, 2023 at 3:00 p.m. at the Brooks Center. The December Masters and Bachelors Graduation Ceremonies will be held for all colleges December 21, 2023 at 9:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. in Littlejohn Coliseum.
What day does Clemson move in?
Welcome Week begins in conjunction with move-in on Monday, Aug. 14 and concludes the first day of classes on Wednesday, Aug. 23. View the full schedule of events or download the Clemson University Events app and search “Welcome Week 2023” for more detailed information.
What is the acceptance rate at Clemson?
The acceptance rate is approximately 43%. Clemson University’s acceptance rate is approximately 43%, meaning only about half the students who apply each year will get in. To better your odds, we have come up with a few steps you can take to ensure your application stands out.
How long is Christmas break college USA?
Classes in the first semester usually begins in August and lasts until the end of December, including exams. The second semester runs from January/February to may-June. Winter vacation lasts 2-3 weeks, summer 10-12 weeks.
How much is Clemson tuition per year?
Clemson University’s tuition is $15,558 for in-state and $39,502 for out-of-state students. Compared with the national average cost of in-state tuition of $11,560, Clemson University is more expensive.
What GPA does Clemson require?
What GPA is required for Clemson? Applicants’ GPA when applying to Clemson should be between 3.55 and 3.9 to be strong candidates.
How much is Clemson tuition 2023?
For the academic year 2022-2023, the undergraduate tuition & fees is $15,558 for South Carolina residents and $39,502 for out-of-state students.
How much is Clemson tuition and fees 2023?
The 2023 tuition & fees of Clemson University (Clemson) are $15,558 for South Carolina residents and $39,502 for out-of-state students.
How long is summer break in USA?
It is approximately two to three months. In the United States, depending on the region, summer break is approximately two to three months, with students typically finishing the school year in late-May or early-June and starting the new year in mid-late August or early-September.
How many semesters are there in a year?
How many semesters are in an academic year? An academic year is a nine month calendar that is divided two semesters (fall, spring) or three quarters (fall, winter, spring). The confusion comes in when summer is included that makes the academic calendar a 12-month calendar.
When fall semester starts in usa?
Across most colleges, the academic year begins with a Fall term, generally around late August or early September. The length of your college terms will depend on the type of calendar your school follows, typically either semesters or quarters.
How much does Clemson charge for international students?
Clemson University has higher minimum requirements for International students. For example, they need a score of at least 6.5 bands on IELTS or 80 in TOEFL-IBT and a minimum of 350 in GRE. Tuition fees can range from 26 to 28 lakhs INR per year and it depends on the coursework level you are enrolled in, as well.
Is Clemson expensive to live?
The cost of living in Clemson is 91.9% of the national average.
What is Clemson known for?
One of the country’s most selective public research universities, Clemson was founded in 1889 with a mission to be a “high seminary of learning” dedicated to teaching, research and service.
Is Clemson public or private?
Clemson University is a public institution that was founded in 1889. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 22,566 (fall 2022), its setting is rural, and the campus size is 17,000 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar.
Does Clemson give money to out of state students?
Students who show financial need through their FAFSA application will be considered for renewable grant funds as well as merit awards offered. Incoming first-year students must complete the FAFSA online on or before March 1 to qualify.
What is the most popular major at Clemson?
The most popular majors at Clemson University include: Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Engineering; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Health Professions and Related Programs; Social Sciences; Psychology; Agricultural/Animal/Plant/Veterinary Science and Related Fields; Computer and the rest