This post contains what Geology is about, admission requirement to study Geology in Nigeria Universities, places one can work with a degree in Geology.
All JAMB and WAEC candidates who are interested in studying or having a career in Geology are hereby informed that JAMB and WAEC subject combination for Geology for 2019/2020 academic session has been released.
What is Geology about?
Geology involves studying the materials that make up the earth, the features and structures found on Earth as well as the processes that act upon them.
Geology also deals with the study of the history of all life that’s ever lived on or is living on the earth now. Studying how life and our planet have changed over time is an important part of geology.
Students who study this course are equipped with developing natural resources in ways that safeguard the environment. Geology is important because it helps in finding, managing and using natural resources and mitigating the risks of natural and environmental hazards.
It comes with some side skills which must be learnt or acquired and they are:
- skills in observation, data collection, analysis and interpretation
- the ability to prepare, process and present data
- the ability to handle information in a range of different mediums, e.g. textual, numerical, oral, graphical
- written and verbal communication skills
- report writing skills
- problem-solving skills and lateral thinking
- self-motivation and resilience
- Ability to work with a team.
- Communication and quantitative skills
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Interpersonal skills.
- Integration and application of knowledge
- Observational and investigative skills.
Other JAMB Related Posts
- JAMB 2019/2020 Form is Out Registration Guidelines And Procedures
- JAMB Profile Creation 2019- How To Easily Create And Update Your Profile
- JAMB Change Of Course & Institution Plus Correction Of Data
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Agriculture 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Anatomy 2019/2020
- JAMB & WAEC Subject Combination For Chemical Engineering 2019/2020
JAMB UTME Subject Combination For Geology?
For you to be on a safe side it is better if you aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic.
JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Geology are
- Use of English