Last updated on September 20th, 2017 at 06:12 pm
The University Of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Admission Requirements for Both UTME And Direct Entry (DE) Admission is what this post is going to discuss.
This requirements (Eligibility) is necessary for you to successfully gain admission Into UNN through JAMB as a UTME Candidate or through Direct Entry (DE).
Are you a UTME or direct Entry (DE) candidate who wants to apply for admission into a Nigerian University? Is that Nigerian University in question, the University Of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)?
If you have a yes as your answer to the above simple but very important questions, then you may be wondering: What is the Requirements for admission into UNN though JAMB and Direct Entry ? or What are required from Candidates who wish to apply for admission or study in the University Of Nigeria Nsukka though JAMB or DE?
If that’s your concern, then am very happy to inform you that UNN eligibility or Requirements for admission has been outlined in this post to help you prepare and get the necessary things ready for your next application as a DE candidate or Aspirants in the University of Ibadan. Before we continue, lets outline the difference between UTME And DE Admission.
Whats The Difference Between UTME And Direct Entry (DE) Admission?
The Difference between a UTME and DE candidate is that While UTME Aspirants are required to write JAMB before they can apply for admission into they desired university, Direct Entry Candidates don’t write JAMB but only participate in the Aptitude test set by the School for admission into DE Programmes.
Also,Direct Entry application if successful will project the candidate directly to 200 level unlike UTME Admission through JAMB which assures admission into 100 Level, but the Candidate for Direct Entry may have had an NCE or ND certificate from a recognized College of Education or Polytechnic respectively before applying for DE admission into any University in Nigeria. Without saying much, the requirements for DE candidates are as follows.
For Course Specific Admission Requirements See JAMB Subject Combination For All Courses Here
UNN ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR UTME
- Age Limit:
No person under the age of sixteen (16) years may be admitted to the University as a student.
- Admission Requirements
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka requires all candidates applying for admission into any of its courses to possess five credit â€œOâ€ level passes which must include a credit pass in English Language and a Science subject in not more than two sittings.
- The candidate should score 200 and above in his/her JAMB examination
UNN Admission Requirement For Direct Entry (DE)
- A minimum of ﬁve (5) GCE/WASCE credits at not more than two sittings with at least two Principal or Advanced level C.E. and the others.
- Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND. Education may be accepted as a third A’ Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
- Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma including the O’Level requirements.
- Candidates are to note that they will be required to provide their JAMB registration number which they used in gaining admission to NCE, Diploma etc for Direct Entry admission.