Are you interested in JAMB Brochure for Guidance and Counseling under the Faculty of Education? If that is the case, I am very happy to inform you that all the details concerning JAMB brochure for Guidance and Counseling has been provided in this post.
This is a notice to all JAMB candidates and those who are interested in studying Guidance and Counseling under the Faculty of Education in the University that JAMB Brochure specially made for Guidance and Counseling which contains all the requirements necessary to study the above course in the institutions also mentioned below in this post is now available.
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- JAMB Subject Combination for Guidance and Counseling
- O Level Requirements to study Guidance and Counseling
- Direct Entry Requirements for Guidance and Counseling and
- List of Universities that offer Guidance and Counseling
Without further ado, let us get started.
Other Resources You May Need
- List of Universities in Nigeria and The Courses They offer
- List of Art Courses offered In Nigeria and Subject Combination
- JAMB Subject Combination for All Courses (Sciences and Arts)
- List of Courses offered In Nigeria and Schools That offer Them
- JAMB Syllabus for All Subjects PDF Download
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Syllabus For All Subjects PDF Download
JAMB Subject Combination For Guidance and Counseling
In UTME, note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Guidance and Counseling under the Faculty of Education in the institutions listed above are:
Any three subjects.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UNILAG accepts any 3 of Lit. In English, History/Government, French, Yoruba/Igbo, CRS/IRS, Geography, Economics, Commerce and Mathematics.
(ii) IMSU requires Biology and two other subjects.
(iii) EKSU same as in Nursery and Primary Education .
(iv) UNN requires:
(a) G. C. Combined with Science teaching subject – same as for Education/Science combination in the relevant teaching subject.
(b) G. C. combined with Social Science teaching subject – same as in the relevant teaching subject.
(c) G. C. combined with an Art teaching subject – same as Education/Arts combination in the relevant teaching subject.
O Level (WAEC and NECO) Requirements For Guidance and Counseling
In order to study Guidance and Counseling in the University, you will need to pass the following requirements in your O level result which can either be WAEC or NECO or even both:
Five SSCE NTC/NBC credits or TC II merit passes including English Language with at least a pass in Mathematics.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UNIABUJA, EBSU, TASUED and UNILAG require credit passes in two Arts/Science subjects in addition to English Language and Mathematics.
(ii) DELSU requires credit pass in Mathematics and a pass in Biology/Health Sciences
(iii) UNILAG requires five (5) credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any two (2) of Literature in English, History or Government, French, Geography, Yoruba/Igbo, crk/irs, Economics.
(iv) IMSU requires English Language, Biology, one Science subject and two others.
(v) TASUED requires Five ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include English Language, Biology and other subjects from Arts, Social Sciences or Sciences. Credit in Mathematics is compulsory for those with teaching subject options in Science and social Sciences.
(vi) UI – requires 5 ‘O’ level credit passes at one sitting including English Language, Biology and other Arts/Social Science subjects.
(vii) UNN accepts with Teaching subject 4-year Degree Programme
(a) Minimum University requirement plus at least a pass at credit level in WASC/NECO/TC II etc in teaching subject to be combined.
(b) Additional requirements for specific subject combination include:
(1) “G/C combined with a Science Teaching subject (mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Integrated Science) – As in Ed/Science.
(2) G/C combined with Social Science Teaching Subject (Social Studies, Economics, Geography, Political science) – As in Ed/Social Science.
(3) G/C combined with Arts Teaching subject (English, French, Music, Igbo linguistics, History, Religious studies, Fine and Applied Arts) – As in Ed/Arts.
(viii) NDU requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English, Mathematics, Biology and any other two subjects.
(ix) IAUED – Same as in Education and Management.
(x) BSU requires five (5) O’ level credit passes in English Language and at least a pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
(xi) NDU requires five O’ level credit passes in English, Mathematics, Biology and any other two subjects in not more than two sittings.
Direct Entry Requirements For Guidance and Counseling
To apply for Guidance and Counseling as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: ‘A’ level passes or NCE in two subjects plus UTME requirements.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UI – Same as Adult Education. IBADAN requires credit in Mathematics for all Science based combination and Economics, while a pass in Mathematics is required for other Social Science courses. ‘A’ level/NCE requirement should be in teaching subjects available at UI.
(ii) OOU and UNN accept TC I and ACE.
(iii) UNILAG requires:
(a) Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects: Lit- in English, Economics, CRS/IRS, Government, History, Igbo, Yoruba, French and Geography.
(b) Two (2) A/Level in Lit-in English, Economics, CRS/IRS Government, History, Igbo, Yoruba, French and Geography.
(c) NCE: Any two (2) of Lit-in English, Economics, CRS/IRS, Government, History, Igbo, Yoruba, French and Geography.
(d) Candidates must satisfy O/Level requirement.
(iv) TASUED same as in Educational management
(v) UNN accepts any of the following for three year Degree Programme (Professional)
(a) NCE/ACE in Two Relevant subjects at merit level or above.
(b) Certificate in Nursing and Midwifery [NRN, SRN, NRM] recognized by the University for the purpose of direct entry admissions with at least a merit level pass.
For 3-Year Direct Entry Degree Programme with a teaching subject in the following areas, candidate must satisfy the UTME Entry requirement.
(a) G/C Combined with a SCIENCE Teaching subject (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Integrated Science).
(b) GC/Combined with a Social Science Teaching subject [Social Studies, Economics, Geography, Political Science].
(c) G/C Combination with an Arts Teaching Subject [English, French, Music, Igbo Linguistics, History, Religious Studies, Fine and Applied Arts].
(vi) EKSU accepts NCE with a minimum of merit passes in relevant subjects combination.
(vii) DELSU accepts Merit pass at NCE or ‘A’ Level Passes in any two subjects at one sitting.
(viii) IAUED – Same as in Education and Management.
(ix) BSU requires NCE major passes in relevant subject with SSCE/GCE O’ level credit/TC II merit in three other subjects and credit pass in Mathematics OR a pass at Lower Credit level in a relevant ND/ND from any recognised institution of higher learning provided the O’ level requirements are met.
(x) NDU – Same as Vocational and Technical Education.
List of Universities That offer Guidance and Counseling
The following are the list of schools that offer Guidance and Counseling:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Al-Hikmah University
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Babcock University
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Cross River State University of Technology
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal University, Kashere
- Ignatius Ajuru University
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Lead City University
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Osun State University
- Sokoto State University
- Tai Solarin University of Education
- University of Abuja
- University of Ibadan
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto