Are you interested in JAMB Brochure for Education and Chemistry under the Faculty of Education? If that is the case, I am very happy to inform you that all the details concerning JAMB brochure for Education and Chemistry has been provided in this post.
This is a notice to all JAMB candidates and those who are interested in studying Education and Chemistry under the Faculty of Education in the University that JAMB Brochure specially made for Education and Chemistry which contains all the requirements necessary to study the above course in the institutions also mentioned below in this post is now available.
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- JAMB Subject Combination for Chemistry Education
- O Level Requirements to study Education and Chemistry
- Direct Entry Requirements for Education and Chemistry and
- List of Universities that offer Education and Chemistry
Without further ado, let us get started.
Other Resources You May Need
- List of Universities in Nigeria and The Courses They offer
- List of Art Courses offered In Nigeria and Subject Combination
- JAMB Subject Combination for All Courses (Sciences and Arts)
- List of Courses offered In Nigeria and Schools That offer Them
- JAMB Syllabus for All Subjects PDF Download
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Syllabus For All Subjects PDF Download
JAMB Subject Combination For Education and Chemistry
In UTME, note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Education and Chemistry under the Faculty of Education in the institutions listed above are:
Chemistry and two other subjects chosen from Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UNIBEN requires Chemistry, Mathematics and either Physics or Biology.
(ii) UNIOSUN requires Chemistry, Mathematics plus other Science subjects.
(iii) UNILAG requires Chemistry, and two other subjects from Physics, Biology and Agricultural Science.
(iv) IAUED requires two other science subjects to include Mathematics and any of Physics, Geography or Biology.
(v) UNN requires Chemistry and any two from Biology, Physics, Health Science and Agric. Science.
(vi) FUAM requires Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
(vii) UI accepts Chemistry, Physic and Biology or Mathematics.
O Level (WAEC and NECO) Requirements For Education and Chemistry
In order to study Education and Chemistry in the University, you will need to pass the following requirements in your O level result which can either be WAEC or NECO or even both:
Five SSCE credits in Mathematics, Chemistry, English Language and two of Physics, Biology and Agricultural Science.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) OOU, MAUTECH, ABU and LASU accept TC II at merit level.
(ii) CRUTECH, DELSU, ABU,UDUSOK and IAUED accept a pass in English Language.
(iii) FUTMINNA requires credits in Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and other Science subjects.
(iv) RSUST accepts a pass in English Language.
(v) IBBU do not accept Agricultural Science.
(vi) LASU and IAUED require credit pass in Biology.
(vii) DELSU accepts a Pass in English Language.
(viii) TASUED requires Five ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, and any other two or three subjects from Biology, Geography/Physics, Physics, Agric Science, Additional (Further) Mathematics and Economics
(ix) UNIOSUN requires Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or its equivalents with credit level passes in five (5) subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry to form the core subjects, with credit in one other relevant Science subject at not more than two sittings.
(x) ABU accepts:
(a) two ‘A’ level/NCE/IJMB with a minimum of ‘C grade in Chemistry and any one other Science subjects.
(xi) BUK requires five O’ Level Credits in Chemistry, Mathematics, English language and two other Science subject
(xii) OAU requires five ‘O’ level credits in Mathematics, Chemistry, English Language and two of Physics, Biology and Agric. Science.
(xiii) UNN requires five O’ level credits including English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics and two other Science subjects.
(xiv) UNILAG requires credit pass in Physics.
Direct Entry Requirements For Education and Chemistry
To apply for Education and Chemistry as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: Two ‘A’ level/NCE passes including Chemistry and one other Science subject.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) OAU, UNILORIN, UDUSOK, EKSU, UNICAL and UNIJOS require ‘A’ level passes in either Physics or Mathematics. (EKSU- Mathematics only). UNICAL accepts NCE with credit or merit passes in Chemistry and one other subjects.
(ii) EKSU, FUTMINNA, MAUTECH, UNIBEN, DELSU, OAU and UNN, accept NCE in Science subjects.
(iii) RSUST, FUTMINNA and MAUTECH accept NCE with at least a merit pass and ND/HND with at least lower credit.
(iv) UNILAG accepts:
(a) Very good passes in the following JUPEB subjects: Chemistry, Physics, and Biology and O/Level requirements for Direct Entry.
(b) NCE with credit/merit in Chemistry and any other science subject.
(v) Mathematics and English language.
(a) minimum of merit pass at NCE
(b) pass in General English at NCE as equivalent to ‘O’ level credit in English.
(c) UNIJOS does not accept NCE Integrated Science.
(vi) BASU accepts NCE (pass with 5 years teaching experience).
(vii) UMYU accepts two A/Level credit passes in Chemistry and any one in Physics, Mathematics or Biology. A credit in NCE is also acceptable
(viii) MAUTECH accepts two ‘A’ level/NCE passes/NCE Merit including Chemistry and one of Physics, Mathematics, and Biology. ND/HND with upper credit in the following area:
a) Applied Chemistry
b) Science Laboratory Technology (with Chemistry option)
(ix) TASUED accepts two ‘A’ level passes/NCE Merit including Chemistry and one of Physics, Mathematics, and Biology
(x) UNIOSUN accepts NCE and approved equivalents with at least a lower credit pass.
(xi) IAUED accepts credit pass in any one of Physics, Mathematics or Biology in that order.
(xii) UNN accepts
(a) ND in other areas at distinction, credit or merit level who possess the University Minimum entry requirement plus credit in the teaching subject may be considered for direct entry admission but will run the 4-Year programme.
(b) NCE credit/merit passes in addition to TCII merit or O’ level credit in relevant subjects.
(xiii) FUAM accepts:
(a) Two A’ level credit passes in physics
(b) Holders of UME requirements plus HSC/GCE A’ level posses in the relevant science subjects may be admitted into year II (200 level).
(c) ND holders with upper credits in relevant disciplines who posses the UME requirements may be admitted into year II (200 level).
(d) NCE holders with at least 2 credit passes in relevant subjects who possess the UME requirements may be admitted into year II (200 level).
(xiv) SSU also accepts:
a. NCE with at least passes in Chemistry and any other Science subject (Physics, Biology, Mathematics or Computer Science) or a double major subject with O’ level requirement.
b. IJMB passes in Chemistry and at least one Science subject (Physics, Biology, Mathematics or Computer Science) with O’ level requirements.
c. ND/HND with at least credit pass in Chemistry or any relevant subject into 100 level.`
List of Universities That offer Education and Chemistry
The following are the list of schools that offer Education and Chemistry:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Al-Hikmah University
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina, Katsina, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Cross River State University of Technology
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma
- Federal University, Kashere
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University
- Gombe State University
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Ignatius Ajuru University
- Kano University of Science and Technology
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology of Science and Technology
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Lagos State University
- Lead City University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Osun State University
- Sokoto State University
- Tai Solarin University of Education
- Taraba State University
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University of Abuja
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Mkar
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Yobe State University