Last updated on August 28th, 2017 at 12:31 pm
This is a notice that the University of Portharcourt (UNIPORT) admission form into the Institute of Natural Resources, Environment and Sustainable Development (INRES) for 2017/2018 academic session has been announced for sale by the management of Uniport Postgraduate School.
The Institute of Natural Resources, Environment and Sustainable Development (INRES) is a multidisciplinary Centre of Excellence established in 2011 with a grant by the MacArthur Foundation, Chicago, USA. INRES also collaborates with Directorate of Technical Cooperation in Africa (DTCA) which provides support through the Nigerian Technical Cooperation Fund (NTCF) and African Development Bank (AfDB) for capacity building of African
Career opportunities exist for graduates of all the programmes in the environment and natural resources related Ministries, Agencies and Departments in the public and private sectors. INRES graduates are industry-ready and can also establish their own consultancy services in the relevant sector.
The objective of the Graduate Degree Programmes is to produce competent Manpower with interdisciplinary/ multidisciplinary training in natural resources and environmental management.
The emphasis of the training programme is the development of research and analytical skills.
1. Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Natural Resources and Environmental Management
2. Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Natural Resources and Environmental Management
3. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Natural Resources and Environmental Management
UNIPORT INRES Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Admission into the programme is open to first degree graduates in Science,Geography/Environmental Science, Engineering, Health Sciences and related disciplines who possess minimum of
Second Class Honours, Lower Division (with minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point
scale and 2.40 on a 4-point scale).
Candidates for the PhD Programme should have M.Sc Degree with minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5-point scale. The PGD candidates should possess Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Degree with at least Third Class Honours. HND candidates with at least Upper Credit are also eligible to apply.
MODE OF STUDY AND DURATION OF PROGRAMME
The duration of the PGD and MSc Programmes for fulltime students is 12 calendar months. All programmes are modular and full time. In certain exceptional instances arrangement for Part-Time may be considered.
How To Apply For UNIPORT Institute of Natural Resources, Environment and Sustainable Development Postgraduate Admission
Application Forms can be obtained from INRES Office (Delta Park, University of Port Harcourt) on submission of a bank draft of non-refundable application fee of twentyfive thousand naira for applicants within Nigeria and USD 200 for oversea applicants, payable to the Institute of
Natural Resources, Environment & Sustainable Development (INRES).
Payment can also be made directly into INRES Account (No 5280026885), Fidelity Bank Ltd, University of Port Harcourt, Choba, Rivers State.
Closing date for submission of completed Application Forms is 30th September, 2017.
Screening Test and Interview will hold on Tuesday, 24th October 2017.
For further inquiry, contact: 08036186282 or e-mail: [email protected]
Mrs. Dorcas D. Otto
- UNIPORT Cut Off Mark (JAMB & Departmental) 2020/2021 Released
- University of Port-Harcourt 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & Final Batch Admission List 2019/2020
- UNIPORT Direct Entry Admission List (1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th) 2019/2020
- UNIPORT Diploma in Law Admission List 2019/2020 | Check Status
- UNIPORT Postgraduate School Fees | University of Port Harcourt Fees
- UNIPORT School Fees (New & Returning) For 2018/2019
- University of Port-Hacourt (UNIPORT) Post-HND (B.ENG) Admission Form for 2019/2020
- UNIPORT Supplementary Post UTME Form For 2019/2020 | Apply Now