Are you looking for WAEC Syllabus for Typewriting for 2021/2022? If you are interested in WAEC syllabus for Typewriting, then am pleased to let you know that the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the syllabus specially made for Typewriting.
About WAEC Syllabus
WAEC Syllabus is a subject outline that contains topics that a candidate intending to seat for an examination for that particular subject is required to cover prior to the exam in order to stand a chance of performing excellently in the exam.
Speaking of WAEC Syllabus for Typewriting, It therefore means that it’s an outline that contains all the topics for Typewriting that each candidate who enrol for Typewriting is expected to cover prior to the examination date. If you intend to sit for JAMB, checkout JAMB Syllabus for all Subjects here.
Other Resources That May Interest You
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- How To Check WAEC Result
- WAEC Examination Time Table
- WAEC Registration
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
WAEC Syllabus For Typewriting
Without wasting much time, the syllabus for Typewriting are as follows:
Aims And Objectives / Preamble
The aim of the examination is to test candidates’ ability to produce mailable documents at 40 words per minute and be able to apply such skill in solving practical office problems.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
- The total time allowed for the examination will be 2 hours 45 minutes.
- 5 minutes for warming up on the material supplied by the Council in the examination paper. The time taken for typing the preliminary passage will not be included in the time for the examination.
- 5 minutes for a speed and accuracy test.
- 10 minutes for reading through the examination paper.
- 2 hours 30 minutes for production tasks.
- The speed and accuracy test will be set at 40 words per minute and will carry 10 percent of the total marks. The syllabic intensity of the passage will range between 1.35 and 1.40.
- The production test will consist of a maximum of 5 tasks and will start after all the scripts for the speed and accuracy test have been collected and duly initialed by the invigilator.
- The total standard words for the examination (both tasks and accuracy test) will ranfe between 1350 and 1450.
- The total number of instructions attracting penalties will range between 40 and 50.
SCOPE OF THE SYLLABUS
Tasks may be presented in a mixture of manuscript, typescript and printed drafts with interpolations and manuscript correction signs.
Candidates will be tested on the use of pre-printed A4 and A5 headed paper
Letters and memoranda with insets, continuation sheets, subject headings, enclosures, attention lines, including private, personal, confidential and indicating distribution of carbon copies.
Form letters, circular letters with or without tear-off portions; envelope addressing; envelope with special marks.
Manuscript with or without inset matter.
- Display work
Main, sub-heading, shoulder, paragraph and marginal/side heading.
Blocked, indented and hanging paragraphs.
(iii) Paragraph numbering
Arabic, Roman, decimal and alphabetical.
(iv) Display Work
Menu, advertisement, and itineraries.
(v) Meetings and report
Notice of meetings (with or without agenda). Chairman’s agenda, Minutes and reports.
(vi) Business Forms, Cards etc.
Completion of pre-printed forms:
Application and personal records forms, invoices, order forms, delivery note, advise note, invitation cards and postcards.
Tabulation with ruling, with or without leader dots, chronological and alphabetical arrangements.
(viii) Literary Work
Short plays, poems and articles. Footnotes.
(ix) Financial Statement
Simple statement of accounts
NOTES ON THE EXAMINATION
- Facilities and scheduling: for the successful implementation of this syllabus, it is recommended that institutions running this course should provide sufficient number of typewriters for the students, and at least have a minimum of 5 periods of 40 minutes each per week. Qualified typewriting teachers should handle the subject.
(b) In cases where the number of candidates exceeds the number of typewriters available for the examination, permission will be given, on application to the Council, for the examination to be held in two or three sessions on the same day.
(c) The centre concerned will be responsible for the effective segregation of candidates to ensure that for the duration of the examination, candidates leaving an earlier session do not have any contact with those attending a later session.
(d) Application for such sessions, giving the number of papers required for each session and the times suggested must be made when the entry forms are returned to the appropriate national office.
(e) The typewriting teacher should not act as a Supervisor/Invigilator in his or her own school, but may be available to assist should defects in a machine unexpectedly hamper a candidate’s progress.
(f) There should be an alternative paper (Alternative B). This paper will be available to schools which cannot accommodate all the candidates for the typewriting examination on the scheduled day on condition that the Council is given, at least, six months notification.
(g) The use of electric typewriters may be permitted. However, the Council will not accept responsibility for any electrical/electronic problems. The Supervisor and Invigilator should ensure that the memory of the typewriter is removed or cleared and that the candidate submits typed scripts of the speed and accuracy test.
(h) Any satisfactory method of erasure will be allowed, except in the speed and accuracy test where no corrections will be permitted.
(i) Dictionaries may also be used in the examination.
SUGGESTED STATIONERY FOR THE EXAMINATION
A4 plain : : 9
A4 headed : : 2
A4 memorandum : : 2
A4 yellow flimsy : : 4
A5 plain : : 4
A5 headed : : 2
A5 memorandum : : 2
C6 envelope : : 2
Card (approx. 6” x 4” – 152mm x 100mm) :
Speed Test Sheet 1 light blue/green paper
Candidates are instructed that no headed stationery other than that provided by the Council may be used.
Paul Bailey And Emmanuel Odina
Odepidan A F
Sam O. Arjarquah
Drummond And Scattergood
Typewriting For Senior Secondary School
Typing For West Africa
Wamsley Commercial Typewriting (West Africa Edition)
Universal Typing Realistic Office Assignments
Universal Typing Students Book
Universal Typing Advanced
WAEC Syllabus For Typewriting PDF Download
We know you will likely be interested in downloading the PDF of the WAEC Syllabus for Typewriting, so we have provided you a link to download it to your phone or computer. Click the link below to download it.
Sorry, download is not available yet.