Are you looking for WAEC Syllabus for Literature in English for 2021/2022? If you are interested in WAEC syllabus for Literature in English, then am pleased to let you know that the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the syllabus specially made for Literature in English.
About WAEC Syllabus
WAEC Syllabus is a subject outline that contains topics that a candidate intending to seat for an examination for that particular subject is required to cover prior to the exam in order to stand a chance of performing excellently in the exam.
Speaking of WAEC Syllabus for Literature in English, It therefore means that it’s an outline that contains all the topics for Literature in English that each candidate who enrol for Literature in English is expected to cover prior to the examination date. If you intend to sit for JAMB, checkout JAMB Syllabus for all Subjects here.
Other Resources That May Interest You
- How To Check WAEC Result
- WAEC Examination Time Table
- WAEC Registration
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
WAEC Syllabus For Literature in English
Without wasting much time, the syllabus for Literature in English are as follows:
Aims And Objectives / Preamble
- AmmaDarko – Faceless
- BayoAdebowale – Lonely Days
- Richard Wright – Native Son
- Patience Swift – The Last Goodman
- Oliver Goldsmith – She Stoops to conquer
- Lorraine Hansberry – A Raisin in the Sun
- Frank Ogodo Ogbeche – Harvest of Corruption
- Dele Charley – The Blood of a Stranger
- Birago Drop – Vanity
- GbemisolaAdeoti – Ambush
- Gabriel Okara – Piano and Drums
- Gbanabam Hallowell – The Dinning Table
- Lenrie Peter – The Panic of Growing Older
- Kofi Awoonor – The Anvil and the Hammer
- Alfred Tennyson – Crossing the Bar
- George Herbert – The pulley
- William Blake – The School Boy
- William Morris – The Proud King
- Robert Frost Birches – Birches
- William Shakespeare – Shall I compare thee to a Summer’s Day?
(i) The Unseen Prose passage for Paper 1 shall be about 120 – 150 words long.
(ii) Only context questions shall be set on the Shakespearean text. The context questions will test such items as theme, characterization, style and setting in the Shakespearean text.
(iii) No essay question shall be set on the Shakespearean text.
WAEC Syllabus For Literature in English PDF Download
We know you will likely be interested in downloading the PDF of the WAEC Syllabus for Literature in English, so we have provided you a link to download it to your phone or computer. Click the link below to download it.