Are you looking for WAEC Syllabus for Auto Mechanical Work for 2021/2022? If you are interested in WAEC syllabus for Auto Mechanical Work, then am pleased to let you know that the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the syllabus specially made for Auto Mechanical Work.
About WAEC Syllabus
WAEC Syllabus is a subject outline that contains topics that a candidate intending to seat for an examination for that particular subject is required to cover prior to the exam in order to stand a chance of performing excellently in the exam.
Speaking of WAEC Syllabus for Auto Mechanical Work, It therefore means that it’s an outline that contains all the topics for Auto Mechanical Work that each candidate who enrol for Auto Mechanical Work is expected to cover prior to the examination date. If you intend to sit for JAMB, checkout JAMB Syllabus for all Subjects here.
Other Resources That May Interest You
- How To Check WAEC Result
- WAEC Examination Time Table
- WAEC Registration
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
WAEC Syllabus For Auto Mechanical Work
Without wasting much time, the syllabus for Auto Mechanical Work are as follows:
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 shall be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
Paper 1: will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions all of which are to be answered in 45 minutes for 40 marks.
Paper 2: will consist of two sections, Sections A and B to be answered in 2 hours 15 minutes for 80 marks.
Section A: will consist of ten short-structured questions to be answered in 30 minutes for 20 marks.
Section B: will consist of five essay questions. Candidates will be required to answer any four in 1 hour 45 minutes for 60 marks.
Paper 3: will be a practical test of 2 hours 30 minutes duration. It will consist of two compulsory questions for 80 marks.
A list of materials shall be made available to schools not less than two weeks before the paper is taken for material procurement and relevant preparation.
(Alternative to Practical Test)
Alternatively, in the event that materials for the actual practical test cannot be acquired, the Council may consider testing theoretically, candidates’ level of acquisition of the practical skills prescribed in the syllabus. For this alternative test, there will be two sets of compulsory questions to be answered in 1½ hours for 80 marks.
Workshop safety and regulations
|– Define safety and regulation|
– Causes of workshop accidents
– Accident prevention techniques and safety devices
e.g. sand bucket, fire extinguishers,etc.
Tools and equipment
|– Types and uses of tools e.g. marking, measuring,|
holding and cutting tools.
– Types and uses of equipment e.g. hand valve,grinding
– maintenance of tools and equipment.
|– Types of motor vehicle chassis|
– Principal components, identification and functions
(e.g. engine, transmission system, chassis,etc)
– Chassis maintenance.
|– Types of engine design.|
– Identification of main component of an engine.
– Line diagram of multicylinder engine.
– Types of cylinder liners.
– Two stroke and four stroke cycles.
(spark ignition engine and compression ignition
– Advantages of four stroke cycle over two
stroke cycle engine.
– Engine maintenance and servicing.
|– Transmission system layout.|
– Types of drives.
– Components of transmission system e.g
clutch and gear boxe.t.c
– Operation of simple plate clutch.
– Types and operation of gear box.
– Introduction to automatic transmission system.
– Conventional layout of transmission system.
|– Types and functions of suspension systems.|
– Fault finding, maintenance and repair of suspension
– Components and functions of steering system.
– Types of steering gearbox.
– Manual steering fault and repairs
– Operation of power assisted steering.
– Steering geometry
Engine lubrication system
|– Purpose and types of lubrication system.|
– Friction and its disadvantages.
– Component part of lubrication system.
– Quality and viscosity of lubricants.
– Oil additive and its importance
|– Function and types of cooling system|
– Components of water and air cooling systems.
– Comparison of air and water cooling systems.
Fuels and combustion
(a) Fuel component system
(b) Manifold and air cleaner
|– General layout and working principle of the fuel|
– Component parts and function of the fuel supply
– Types of carburetors, pumps and their maintenance
– Types and properties of fuel.
– Comparison of mechanical and electrical fuel pumps.
Types, functions and maintenance of:
(ii) Air cleaner
|– Concept of friction, operating principles and types of|
. braking systems.
– Faults and maintenance of mechanical and
hydraulically operated braking systems.
– Functions, advantages and disadvantages of antilock
braking system (A.B.S).
– Layout of braking system.
Wheels and Tyres
|– Types and functions of rims and tyres.|
– Stating regulation for tyre inter changing and
– Road wheels alignment and balancing.
Workshop management and enterprise
|– Basic concept of:|
– Managing resources
– Concept of authority and responsibilities in
– Types of enterprise.
– Advantages and disadvantages of types of
– enterprise in automobile.
LIST OF FACILITIES AND MAJOR EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS REQUIRED:
|ITEM NO.||EQUIPMENT||QUANTITY REQUIRED|
|1||Tool box with lock||5|
|2||Ball pein hammer||5|
|3||Hacksaws with extra blades||10|
|4||300 mm engineer’s rule, socket, spanner sets, with ratchet and extension||10|
|5||6-32mm ring and flat spanners (combined)||5|
|6||Ring spanners (6-32mm)||5|
|7||Emery cloth (standard)||5|
|9||Flat spanners (6-32mm)||10|
|14||Spark plug cleaners||2|
|16||Long nose pliers||5|
|18||Tyre pressure gauges||5|
|23||Micrometer screw gauge||5|
|24||Dial gauge indicator with magnetic stand||2|
|25||Grinding machine with assorted wheels||1|
|26||Bench grinder with wheels||1|
|27||Valve grinding machine||1|
|Lubrication Bay/Tyre and Wheel Service|
|30||Compressor (single phase motor driven type complete with spray gun, grease, hose)||1|
|31||Wheel balancing machine (rim 13 – 15)||1|
|32||Portable tyre inflator||1|
|34||Tyre changer complete with bead breaker||1|
|35||Tyre repair kit comprising rasp, scissors, tyre knife, sticher, wire brush, etc||2 sets|
|36||Service station set of tool kit, plus special tools for removal of oil filter||2 sets|
|37||Pipe wrench, clamp/vice||2 sets|
|38||Wheel alignment gauge||1 set|
|39||Clutch alignment jig||2|
|40||Injector test machine||1|
|41||Pullersof different sizes||2|
|42||Work bench with vices||2|
|43||Portable engine hoist||1|
|General/Servicing and reconditioning|
|44||Bottle jack (hydraulic) light and heavy||1|
|45||Used vehicle tyres||1|
|50||Valve spring compressor (clamp)||2|
|51||Coil spring compressor (for suspension)||2|
|52||Torque wrench pre-set type||2|
Torque wrench dial type
|54||Piston ring compressor expander||2|
|56||Diagnostic testing machine (exhaust gas analyzer)||1|
|60||Complete engine,gearbox and final drive||1|
|62||Complete vehicle engine (petrol) (chart)||1|
|63||Complete vehicle engine (diesel) (chart)||1|
|64||Complete vehicle and chart||1|
|1||Motor Vehicle Technology||J.A.DOLAN|
|2||Motor Vehicle Technology (Part 1,2,3 & 4)||S.C .MUDD|
|3||Automotive Mechanics||WILLIAM H.CROUSE and DONALD L. ANGLIN|
|4||Fundamental of Motor Vehicle Technology||V.A.W HILLIER and PETER COOMBES|
|5||Automotive Mechanics For Schools and Colleges||ABA .N.EJEMBI and STEPHEN DAVID|
WAEC Syllabus For Auto Mechanical Work PDF Download
We know you will likely be interested in downloading the PDF of the WAEC Syllabus for Auto Mechanical Work, so we have provided you a link to download it to your phone or computer. Click the link below to download it.