The list of postgraduate (PG) courses offered by the Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba (AAUA) school of postgraduate studies has been compiled. All those who are interested in applying for Postgraduate admission can now proceed and check AAUA postgraduate courses below.
This post contains the various postgraduate courses which are available in the Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba (AAUA). Various aspirants and the general public can now check here for more details on the Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba postgraduate courses. This article has been specially carved out for all those who are asking about the AAUA Postgraduate Courses.
Other related searches to AAUA postgraduate courses are: AAUA postgraduate fees, AAUA postgraduate courses, AAUA postgraduate portal, AAUA postgraduate form, AAUA postgraduate registration portal, Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba postgraduate school fees, AAUA masters form, AAUA postgraduate programmes.
See Related AAUA Posts:
Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA) is a state government owned and operated Nigerian university. The university is in Akungba Akoko, Ondo State, Nigeria.
Adekunle Ajasin University was first established as Obafemi Awolowo University in March 1982 by the government of the old Ondo State, headed by the late Chief Michael Adekunle Ajasin.
The immediately succeeding military government of Navy Commodore Michael Bamidele Otiko changed its name to Ondo State University in 1985. Its relocation to Akungba Akoko in the new Ondo State became imperative in 1999, following the creation of a new state out of the old Ondo three years earlier in October 1996.
The bill backing the relocation was signed into law by the then Governor of the State, Chief Adebayo Adefarati, in November 1999, and that prompted the movement of a crop of workers from the old site in Ado-Ekiti to Akungba Akoko on 1 December 1999.
The bill for yet another name change, this time to Adekunle Ajasin University, in order to immortalise the late Governor Ajasin, was signed into law by Governor Adefarati in 2004 following the demise of the former.
The amended and subsisting statute of the University was signed into law in November 2007 by yet another governor, the former Governor Olusegun Agagu.
In these circumstances, it can rightly be said that while the history of AAUA started in 1982, its relocation on 5 November 1999 marked the beginning of the second phase of its history now in its present location, Akungba Akoko.
AAUA Postgraduate Courses
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Department of English Studies
- Department Linguistics and Languages
- Department of Religion and African Culture
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of History & International Studies
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Department of Adult Education (Full-Time & Sandwich)
- Department of Arts Education
- Department of Guidance and Counselling (Full-Time & Sandwich)
- Department of Educational Management (Full-Time & Sandwich)
- Department of Science Education (Full-Time & Sandwich)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Full-Time & Sandwich)
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Department of Animal and Environmental Biology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Chemical Sciences
- Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Department of Physics and Electronics
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Microbiology
FACULTY OF LAW
LL.M Programme in the following areas of specializations:
- Private and Property Law
- Commercial and Industrial Law
- Public Law
- Jurisprudence Law and International Law
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Banking and Finance
- Department of Geography and Planning Sciences
- Department of Pure and Applied Psychology
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science and Public Administration