What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Religious Studies? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Religious Studies then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Religious Studies under the faculty of Arts and Humanities in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Religious Studies under the faculty of Arts and Humanities that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Religious Studies has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Religious Studies also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Religious Studies here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Religious Studies
The subjects required to study Religious Studies in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes to include English Language and CRK/IRS.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) AAUA accepts merit at TC II in English in lieu of SSCE English Language.
(ii) UNIBEN five SSCE credit passes or five Merit level passes in T.C. II at not more than two sittings. Subjects should include English Language, Religious Knowledge and two other Arts or Social Sciences subjects.
(iii) PAUL requires five SSCE credit passes in not more than two sittings (or equivalent qualification) including English Language, Mathematics and three Arts/Social Science subjects.
(iv) NDU requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English, Religious Studies plus three other subjects, two of which must be Arts subjects.
(v) GO requires credit pass in Mathematics.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Religious Studies under the faculty of Arts and Humanities. If the Religious Studies you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Religious Studies
This section contains the list of universities that offer Religious Studies in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Religious Studies posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Religious Studies:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Adeleke University
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Augustine University
- Babcock University
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Godfrey Okoye University
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University
- Kings University
- Madonna University
- McPherson University
- Mountain Top University
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Paul University
- Samuel Adegboyega University
- Summit University, Offa offa
- Tansian University
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Jos