What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Nursing / Nursing Science? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Nursing / Nursing Science then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Nursing / Nursing Science under the faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Nursing / Nursing Science under the faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Nursing / Nursing Science has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Nursing / Nursing Science also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Nursing / Nursing Science here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Nursing / Nursing Science
The subjects required to study Nursing / Nursing Science in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes in Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and English Language.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) ABU and UNIBADAN: No admission through UTME.
(ii) UNIBADAN requires 5 or 6 ‘O’ level credit passes at one or two sittings to include English Language, Biology/Health Sci, Chemistry, Mathematics and any other one of the following: Economics, Government, Lit-in-English, History, Geography, Physics, (this will be an advantage).
(iii) UNN requirements not more than two sittings in SSCE or its equivalent.
(iv) AAU requires five ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry at a sitting.
(v) NDU requires the credit passes in not more than two sittings.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Nursing / Nursing Science under the faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences. If the Nursing / Nursing Science you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Nursing / Nursing Science
This section contains the list of universities that offer Nursing / Nursing Science in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Nursing / Nursing Science posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Nursing / Nursing Science:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Babcock University
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benson Idahosa University
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Igbinedion University
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- Madonna University
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Osun State University
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto