I guess you are here because you are interested in Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment application form 2020. If so, This article will guide you through NIS recruitment application processes and all you need to keep in mind before applying and also after applying for the Nigerian Immigration Services application.
As usual, before you take a dive into how to apply for NIS recruitment, let us do a brief introduction on what NIS recruitment is all about.
About NIS Recruitment
As you may already know; NIS is an acronym for the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS). It was extracted from the Nigeria Police (NP) in August, 1958. It was at that time referred to as the Immigration Department and headed by the Chief Federal Immigration Officer (CFIO).
The Immigration Department was established by an Act of Parliament (Cap 171, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria) on August 1, 1963 when Alhaji Shehu Shagari was the Minister of Internal Affairs (a position now referred to as Minister of Interior).
Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment Requirements
Let us now take a look at the requirements you need to consider to check if you are eligible to apply for NIS recruitment.
- You need be a citizen of Nigeria by birth or descent.
- You must be from 18 years to 35 years of age;
- A height of 1.7 metres for male and 1.64 metres for female is required;
- Also, you’ll have a full expanded chest measurement that is not below 0.87 metres;
- Again are you really certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment into the Service;
- You don’t need to be suffering from any form of mental or physical disability;
- There should be no trace or any form of financial embarrassment;
- You’ve got to be of good character and must not have any criminal case;
Candidates Not Eligible To Apply For NIS Recruitment 2020
The following sets of candidates will not be eligible to apply for the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment. So if you are among, then am really sorry to be the one to break the news to you.
- Sight problem;
- Hearing difficulties;
- Previous major orthopaedic operation;
- Flat foot;
- Fracture, stammering or any other natural disability;
- Pregnant women
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Academic Qualifications
Now let us look at the academic requirements for NIS recruitment application.
- You’ll definitely have to show WASC or SSSC, that will you have pass three subject including English and others.
- Secondly, if you have your NECO/GCE. That you have passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.
- ND/NCE if available you’ll have to identified it and also, it should be from from a recognized institution.
- General Certificate of Education (Advance Level) in two (2) subjects. Should be obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.
How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2020
This is now the moment you have finally been waiting for all this while; The how to apply for NIS recruitment part.
Please note that all applications for NIS recruitment are done on the official NIS recruitment portal at www.immigrationrecruitment.org.ng.
- So to apply, visit the NIS recruitment portal at www.immigrationrecruitment.org.ng.
- Click on Apply
- Fill the form carefully with your details
- upload the required documents
- Review your applications
- Then click on Submit.