What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Medicine and Surgery? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Medicine and Surgery then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Medicine and Surgery under the faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Medicine and Surgery under the faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Medicine and Surgery has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Medicine and Surgery also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Medicine and Surgery here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Medicine and Surgery
The subjects required to study Medicine and Surgery in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UNN accepts Physics with Chemistry (as a single subject) for Physics and Chemistry. UNN requirements should be at one sitting.
(ii) UNILORIN requires five O Level credit passes at only one sitting and minimum score of 240 in JAMB examination.
(iii) UNIBEN, UNIBADAN, IMSU, ABSU, EBSU, UNIOSUN, ANSU, DELSU and BOWEN require the O level Credit passes at one sitting.
(iv) NDU requires the O level Credit passes in not more than two sittings.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Medicine and Surgery under the faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences. If the Medicine and Surgery you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Medicine and Surgery
This section contains the list of universities that offer Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Medicine and Surgery posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Medicine and Surgery:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Babcock University
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bingham University
- Bowen University
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Gombe State University
- Gregory University, Uturu, Uturu
- Igbinedion University
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Kaduna State University
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- Lagos State University
- Madonna University
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Osun State University
- University of Abuja
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto