What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Islamic Studies? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Islamic Studies then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Islamic Studies under the faculty of Arts and Humanities in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Islamic Studies under the faculty of Arts and Humanities that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Islamic Studies has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Islamic Studies also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Islamic Studies here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Islamic Studies
The subjects required to study Islamic Studies in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes to include English Language and Islamic Religious Studies or Arabic and any three relevant subjects.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UI five ‘O’ level subjects at one sitting or 6 ‘O’ level subjects at two sittings to include: English Language, Islamic Studies and any other three or four subjects from Arts or Social Sciences.
(ii) OOU requires two other subjects from Arts.
(iii) AL-HIKMAH requires working knowledge of Arabic.
(iv) KASU may accept Higher Islamic Studies or Senior Islamic Studies Results.
(v) UMYU requires five credit passes at SSCE or equivalent including English Language, Islamic Studies and three other relevant Arts/Social Science courses with a pass in Mathematics. Also accepts Higher Islamic Studies or Senior Islamic Studies results.
(vi) KWASU requires five O’ Level Credit passes to include English, Islamic Studies and any other two Arts subjects.
(vii) TASU accepts Arabic in lieu of Islamic Studies.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Islamic Studies under the faculty of Arts and Humanities. If the Islamic Studies you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Islamic Studies
This section contains the list of universities that offer Islamic Studies in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Islamic Studies posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Islamic Studies:
- Al-Hikmah University
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina, Katsina, Katsina
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Federal University, Gashua
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University, Kashere
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Gombe State University
- Sule Lamido University
- Kaduna State University
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Ilorin
- Lagos State University
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Sokoto State University
- Summit University, Offa offa
- Taraba State University
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University of Abuja
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Maiduguri
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto
- Yobe State University