What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Industrial Chemistry? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Industrial Chemistry then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Industrial Chemistry under the faculty of Sciences in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Industrial Chemistry under the faculty of Sciences that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Industrial Chemistry has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Industrial Chemistry also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Industrial Chemistry here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Industrial Chemistry
The subjects required to study Industrial Chemistry in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Agric Science.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UNIILORIN, BOWEN, IGBINEDION and UNIPORT – does not accept Agric Science. UNIPORT does not accept also Biology and requires Mathematics.
(ii) MADONNA accepts a pass in English Language.
(iii) BASU requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Chemistry, Physics and Further Mathematics.
(iv) MAUTECH accepts a pass in Biology.
(v) AJAYI accepts Geography in lieu of Physics and IMSU accepts a pass in English Language under exceptional circumstances.
(vi) FED-OYEEKITI and CUAB does not accepts Agricultural Science.
(vii) OAU accept any other subject in lieu of Biology and UNIBADAN requires 5 or 6 ‘O’ level credit passes at one or two sittings including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
(viii) UNN requires five O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
(ix) KASU does not accept Agricultural Science.
(x) EBSU requires five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.
(xi) FUTA requires five credit passes at NOT more than two sittings. The five subjects should include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
(xii) BELLS requires five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology/ Geography/Further Mathematics/Agricultural Science.
(xiii) REDEEMERS requires Five ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
(xiv) RENAISSANCE requires five SSCE credit passes at not more than two sittings including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
(xv) BSU accepts passes in five (5) prescribed subjects in Preliminary Science of BSU in addition to minimum UTME score. Does not accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
(xvi) UMYU accepts Geography in place of Biology.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Industrial Chemistry under the faculty of Sciences. If the Industrial Chemistry you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Industrial Chemistry
This section contains the list of universities that offer Industrial Chemistry in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Industrial Chemistry posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Industrial Chemistry:
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Ajayi Crowther University
- Al-Hikmah University
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University of Technology of Technology
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bingham University
- Bowen University
- Caleb University
- Caritas University
- Chrisland University
- Covenant University, Ota
- Crawford University
- Crescent University
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
- Federal University, Wukari
- Godfrey Okoye University
- Hallmark University
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University
- Kaduna State University
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Landmark University
- Madonna University
- Micheal and Cecilia Ibru University
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Obong University
- Oduduwa University
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology
- Osun State University
- Redeemers University
- Renaissance University
- Samuel Adegboyega University
- Tansian University
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Mkar
- University of Port Harcourt
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Wellspring University
- Wesley University of Science and Technology
- Western Delta University