What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Geology? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Geology then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Geology under the faculty of Sciences in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Geology under the faculty of Sciences that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Geology has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Geology also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Geology here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Geology
The subjects required to study Geology in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and any other subject.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) AJAYI, UNILORIN and UNIBEN accept ‘O’ level credit passes in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and do not accept Geography.
(ii) MAUTECH, ESUTECH, OOU and AAUA require Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics as UTME subjects.
(iii) EBSU requires five SSCE credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in not more than two sittings.
(iv) UNIZIK accepts ‘Pass’ in English Language.
(v) EBSU, UNICAL and UNN require ‘five O’ level credit passes in English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. EBSU does not accept physically challenged candidates because of the strenuous nature and the requirement of transversing difficult terrains and mountainous areas.
(vi) EKSU accepts a pass in English Language for candidates who have distinction in Physics or Mathematics.
(vii) OSUSTECH and UNIJOS require SSCE credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Geography.
(viii) UNIBADAN requires 5 or 6 ‘O’ level credit passes at one or two sittings including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and one of the following: Geography, Further/Mathematics, Economics and Technical Drawing.
(ix) UNIPORT does not accept credit in Geography in lieu of Biology.
(x) KSU, UNIPORT, FUTO and GOMSU require credit pass in Physics as the fifth subject.
(xi) ANSU accepts Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology and requires credit in Geography.
(xii) DELSU requires credit pass in Physics.
(xiii) WUSTO requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and any other relevant subject.
(xiv) UNIOSUN requires five ‘O’ Level credits in the SSCE including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics to form the core subjects, with credit in any of the following: Biology/Agricultural Science and Geography at not more than two sittings.
(xv) ABU requires Five O’ level credit passes in English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
(xvi) FUTA requires a minimum of credit pass in five subjects at not more than of two sittings in WASSCE, NECO, GCE ‘O’-level or its equivalent. The credits are required in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and English Language. Credit is also required in Biology or Agric. Science or Geography.
(xvi) WESTERN-DEL requires five credit passes including English Language, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology.
(xvii) NDU requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Geography.
(xviii) FUTMINNA requires at least a pass in Physics.
(xix) OSUSTECH and KWASU require credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Geography.
(xx) UNILAG requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
(xxi) NDU accepts HSC, ND passes in any two of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Geography.
(xxii) BASU and UNN require five O’ level credit passes in English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
(xxiii) BASU accepts Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
(xxiv) UNIUYO does not require Biology but Physics.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Geology under the faculty of Sciences. If the Geology you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Geology
This section contains the list of universities that offer Geology in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Geology posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Geology:
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Ajayi Crowther University
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Al-Hikmah University
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University, Lokoja
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
- Gombe State University
- Gregory University, Uturu, Uturu
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Kaduna State University
- Kano University of Science and Technology
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology
- Osun State University
- Salem University
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto
- Wesley University of Science and Technology