What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Education and English Language? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Education and English Language then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Education and English Language under the faculty of Education in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Education and English Language under the faculty of Education that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Education and English Language has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Education and English Language also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Education and English Language here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Education and English Language
The subjects required to study Education and English Language in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes to include English Language and Literature in English plus three other Arts or Social Science subjects.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) DELSU accepts General English at NCE in lieu of ‘O’ level credits/TC II merit in English Language.
(ii) AAUA accept any other subjects.
(iii) OAU requires five ‘0’ Level credits which should include English Language and Literature in English plus credit passes in any three other subjects or Credit/Merit passes in 5 TC II subjects relevant to the course of study may be accepted.
(iv) BSU accepts credit/merit at TC II in relevant subjects.
(v) UNIBEN requires five O’ level credit passes to include English Language and other subjects from Literature-in-English, History, French, Fine Arts, Government and Religious Knowledge.
(vi) UMYU requires five O/Level credit passes including English Language and any other four Arts subjects with a pass in Mathematics.
(vii) TASUED requires Five SSCE credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include Literature in English, English Language and at least one other Arts subject.
(viii) ABSU requires Five SSCE credit to include English Language, English Literature and any three subject.
(ix) UNIOSUN School Certificate (SSCE) or its equivalents with credit level passes in five (5) subjects: English Language, Mathematics and English Literature to form the core subjects, with credit in three (3) other relevant Art or Social Science subject at not more than two sittings. The candidate must earn an acceptable score in the UTME.
(x) LASU requires a credit in Mathematics.
(xi) UNIABUJA and EBSU require five `O` level credits in English Language, Mathematics, Lit-in-English and two other Arts subjects.
(xii) GO requires a credit in Mathematics but Literature is not compulsory.
(xiii) UNILAG requires five Credits including English, Mathematics, Literature in English and 2 of Yoruba/Igbo, History or Government, Economics, Geography, French, IRS and Arabic.
(xiv) JSU accepts five SSCE Credit passes to include English and two other subjects from History, Government, Geography, French, Arabic, Hausa, Islamic Studies and Economics.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Education and English Language under the faculty of Education. If the Education and English Language you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Education and English Language
This section contains the list of universities that offer Education and English Language in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Education and English Language posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Education and English Language:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Al-Hikmah University
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina, Katsina, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Babcock University
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benson Idahosa University
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University, Kashere
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University
- Ignatius Ajuru University
- Sule Lamido University
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Lagos State University
- Lead City University
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Osun State University
- Tansian University
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Mkar
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Yobe State University