What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Education and Computer Science? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Education and Computer Science then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Education and Computer Science under the faculty of Education in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Education and Computer Science under the faculty of Education that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Education and Computer Science has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Education and Computer Science also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Education and Computer Science here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Education and Computer Science
The subjects required to study Education and Computer Science in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credits or equivalent including Mathematics, English Language and three other Science subjects.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) OOU require Physics.
(ii) IBBU prefers other subject in Science.
(iii) UNIPORT requires Physics or Chemistry.
(iv) LASU requires credit passes in Physics and Chemistry.
(v) BIU requires credit pass in Physics and any other two Science subjects.
(vi) DELSU requires five credits to include English Language, Physics, and Mathematics, Chemistry / Economics and any other two subjects. a pass in O/L English Language may be considered.
(vii) TASUED requires Five ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and any two/ three subjects from Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Geography and Agric Science.
(viii) BSU requires credit passes in English, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Education and Computer Science under the faculty of Education. If the Education and Computer Science you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Education and Computer Science
This section contains the list of universities that offer Education and Computer Science in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Education and Computer Science posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Education and Computer Science:
- Al-Hikmah University
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Benson Idahosa University
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal University, Kashere
- Godfrey Okoye University
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology of Science and Technology
- Lagos State University
- Lead City University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Sokoto State University
- Tai Solarin University of Education
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Port Harcourt