What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Education and Biology? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Education and Biology then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Education and Biology under the faculty of Education in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Education and Biology under the faculty of Education that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Education and Biology has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Education and Biology also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Education and Biology here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Education and Biology
The subjects required to study Education and Biology in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and one other subject.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) AAUA and UNN accept a pass in Mathematics, at ‘O’ level or equivalents.
(ii) MAUTECH and OOU accept a pass in English Language.
(iii) DELSU accepts a pass in English Language provided the candidate has a distinction in ‘O’ level Biology.
(iv) ABU accepts:
a. TC II and requires two other relevant Science subjects.
b. Five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and one other subject from Physics or Geography/Physics.
(v) UNIUYO requires a credit pass in English Language.
(vi) UMYU requires five O/Level credit passes which must include Mathematics, English Language, Biology and any other two Science subjects.
(vii) TASUED requires Five ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and either Physics or Geography.
(viii) OAU requires five ‘O’ level credits which must include English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and one other subjects.
(ix) UNIOSUN requires Five ‘O’ Level credit passes in five (5) subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology to form the core subjects, with credit in two other relevant Science subjects at not more than two sittings.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Education and Biology under the faculty of Education. If the Education and Biology you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Education and Biology
This section contains the list of universities that offer Education and Biology in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Education and Biology posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Education and Biology:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina, Katsina, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Cross River State University of Technology
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University, Kashere
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University
- Gombe State University
- Ignatius Ajuru University
- Sule Lamido University
- Kano University of Science and Technology
- Katsina University
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology of Science and Technology
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Lagos State University
- Lead City University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Osun State University
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- Sokoto State University
- Tai Solarin University of Education
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University of Abuja
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto
- Yobe State University