What are the direct entry requirements to study to Education and Biology in the university? If you are interested in knowing the requirements needed for a direct entry (DE) admission into Education and Biology under the faculty of Education then am happy to inform you that this post contains the direct entry requirements from universities in Nigeria that offers Education and Biology.
Before we proceed, this is to inform all direct entry (DE) aspirants who wish to apply for direct entry (DE) admission into any of the universities in Nigeria to study Education and Biology under the faculty of Education that Education and Biology direct entry requirements are now available on this page.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out JAMB subject combination for Education and Biology here or JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
For WAEC requirements, you can check WAEC subject requirements for Education and Biology here.
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
Direct Entry (DE) Requirements for Education and Biology
Without wasting much time, the direct entry requirements to study Education and Biology are:
NCE/’A’ level passes in Biology and one other Science subject.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) MAUTECH and UDUSOK require a pass in Physics or Mathematics.
(ii) UDUSOK – same as for Education/Chemistry.
(iii) BSU, DELSU, ABSU and UNIABUJA require NCE not below merit level.
(iv) UNICAL accepts NCE with credit or merit in Biology and one other Science subject.
(v) RSUST and FUTMINNA accept ND/HND at lower credit and NCE (merit) in addition to four relevant UTME subjects.
(vi) UNILAG accepts NCE with credit/merit in biology and other Science subjects. Accepts Very good passes in the following JUPEB subjects: Biology, Chemistry and Physics, and O/Level requirements.
(vii) UNIJOS accepts NCE General English in lieu of O’ level English Language and Geography/Physics as a Science subject.
(viii) ADSU requires NCE/HND (Merit/Credit) level in relevant subjects.
(ix) EKSU accepts a pass in NCE General English in lieu of ‘O’ level credit in English Language.
(x) UNIBEN requires ‘A’ level passes/2/or 3 NCE merit passes to include Biology plus 3/2 ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language at one sitting.
(xi) DELSU requires ‘A’ level passes from Biology/Botany or Zoology and Chemistry/ Geography/ Physics.
(xii) BASU accepts NCE (pass with 5 years teaching experience)
(xiii) NSUK accepts Diploma in Science Education from ABU and any other recognised institution.
(xiv) UMYU accepts two ‘A’ Level credit passes in Biology and Chemistry or Physics. Credit level in NCE or Upper Credit in National Diploma is also acceptable.
(xv) UNIOSUN accepts NCE and approved equivalent with lower credit.
(xvi) ABU accepts:
(a) NCE/’A’ level /IJMB passes with minimum of C grade in Biology and Education.
(xvii) OAU accepts two ‘A’ level or NCE credit/merit in Biology, Botany or Zoology and one other Science or professional subject. A level or NCE credit/merit in Agricultural Science (double major or combined with any teaching/professional subject) is acceptable.
(xviii) IAUED requires ‘A’ level passes from Biology/Botany or Zoology and Chemistry or Physics. Accepts credit passes in NCE or ND.
(xix) FUAM accepts ND (Upper Credit) in relevant fields in addition to UTME requirement.
(xx) TASUED accepts Two ‘A’ level/NCE Science subjects to include Biology.
*ND/HND with upper credit in the following specialization:
a) Science Laboratory Technology-option in Biology, Chemistry and Microbiology.
b) Anatomy, physiology and Biochemistry
c) Food Technology
(xxi) SSU also accepts:
a. IJMB passes in two (2) relevant subjects with O’ level requirements.
b. ND/HND with at least credit pass in any relevant subject into 100 level.
Note that the above direct entry requirements may only apply to Education and Biology under the faculty of Education. If the Education and Biology you intend in studying is in another faculty, the requirements for direct entry admission may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Education and Biology
This section contains the list of universities that offer Education and Biology in Nigeria.
The following are the list of schools that offer Education and Biology:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina, Katsina, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Cross River State University of Technology
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University, Kashere
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University
- Gombe State University
- Ignatius Ajuru University
- Sule Lamido University
- Kano University of Science and Technology
- Katsina University
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology of Science and Technology
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Lagos State University
- Lead City University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Osun State University
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- Sokoto State University
- Tai Solarin University of Education
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University of Abuja
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto
- Yobe State University