What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Computer Engineering? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Computer Engineering then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Computer Engineering under the faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Computer Engineering under the faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Computer Engineering has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Computer Engineering also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Computer Engineering here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Computer Engineering
The subjects required to study Computer Engineering in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes to include Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Chemistry , Physics and English Language.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) RSUST and MOUA accepts further Mathematics in lieu of Mathematics and requires Agricultural Science or Biology as the fifth subject.
(ii) ABUAD and OOU accept any Science Subject in lieu of Further Mathematics.
(iii) ESUTECH requires credit pass in English Language and all other relevant subjects
(iv) UNILAG same as in Chemical Engineering requires credit pass in Further Mathematics
(v) NTNU accepts English Language, Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry and any other two Science subjects.
(vi) FUTMINNA and BELLS require five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other Science subject.
(vii) FED-OYEEKITI requires five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and one Science or social science subject.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Computer Engineering under the faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology. If the Computer Engineering you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Computer Engineering
This section contains the list of universities that offer Computer Engineering in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Computer Engineering posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Computer Engineering:
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University of Technology of Technology
- Caritas University
- Covenant University, Ota
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Elizade University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
- Igbinedion University
- Kwara State University, Ilorin
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- Madonna University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Nigeria Turkish Nile University
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Uyo