What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Biochemistry? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Biochemistry then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Biochemistry under the faculty of Sciences in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Biochemistry under the faculty of Sciences that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Biochemistry has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Biochemistry also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Biochemistry here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
FREE UPDATES: Do you want us to UPDATE you on Whastapp concerning this topic you are reading now? Click Here To Message Us on Whatsapp.
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Biochemistry
The subjects required to study Biochemistry in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) FUTA requires five ‘O’ Level credit passes at a maximum of two sittings, which must include: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science.
(ii) OAU accepts Physics or Biology.
(iii) ABSU requires a credit in Physics.
(iv) EBSU, IMSU and ANSU accept a pass in ‘O’ level English Language.
(v) EBSU accepts Agric. Sci in lieu of Biology and a pass in Physics.
(vi) NDU requires the five ‘O’ level credit passes in not more than two sittings.
(vii) CRUTECH require credit pass in Physics as the fifth subject.
(viii) AJAYI requires five (5) credit passes must include: English language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology at one sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two sittings
(ix) UNIMAID accepts SSCE passes in English Language and Mathematics.
(x) Crescent accepts credit pass in Agric. Science in lieu of Biology.
(xi) EBSU requires credits in Mathematics or Physics.
(xii) BELLS requires five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology/ Geography/Further Mathematics/ Agricultural Science.
(xiii) REDEEMER’S requires Five ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
(xiv) WESTERN-DEL requires five SSCE credit passes which must include Chemistry, English Language, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Physics.
(xv) GODFREY accepts credit pass in any other Science subject in lieu of Physics.
(xvi) KWASU accepts credit passes in Further mathematics and Agricultural Science.
(xvii) RENAISSANCE requires the credit passes at not more than two sittings.
(xviii) FUAM – Candidates seeking admission into any of these Programmes must possess five (5) credit passes which MUST be from one examination body (i.e. either WAEC or NECO) and obtained at NOT more than two (2) sittings. The Department does not accept the combination of both WAEC and NECO. Students of FUAM Pre-degree Remedial Science Programme who pass their end of session examinations are considered or admission on the condition that they also pass UTME. NOTE: Agricultural Science and Health Science shall NOT be accepted in place of Biology. Further Mathematics shall NOT be accepted in place of Physics or Mathematics.
(xix) SAU accepts credit pass in Technical Drawing, Agricultural Science or Geography in lieu of Physics
(xx) UMYU requires five credit passes in not more than two sittings.
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Biochemistry under the faculty of Sciences. If the Biochemistry you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Biochemistry
This section contains the list of universities that offer Biochemistry in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Biochemistry posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Biochemistry:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Adeleke University
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Ajayi Crowther University
- Al-Hikmah University
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Babcock University
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University of Technology of Technology
- Benson Idahosa University
- Bingham University
- Bowen University
- Caleb University
- Caritas University
- Chrisland University
- Covenant University, Ota
- Crawford University
- Crescent University
- Cross River State University of Technology
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Elizade University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Evangel University
- Federal University, Gashua
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma
- Federal University, Lafia
- Federal University, Lokoja
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike
- Federal University, Otuoke
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
- Federal University, Wukari
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University
- Gombe State University
- Gregory University, Uturu, Uturu
- Hallmark University
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University
- Kaduna State University
- Kano University of Science and Technology
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology of Science and Technology
- Kings University
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Ilorin
- Lagos State University
- Landmark University
- Lead City University
- Madonna University
- McPherson University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Micheal and Cecilia Ibru University
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Mountain Top University
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce
- Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State, Wudil, Kano State, Kano State
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano
- Novena University
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Obong University
- Oduduwa University
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology
- Osun State University
- Plateau State University
- Redeemers University
- Renaissance University
- Rhema University
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- Salem University
- Samuel Adegboyega University
- Sokoto State University
- SouthWestern University
- Tansian University
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Mkar
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto
- Wesley University of Science and Technology
- Western Delta University