What are the subjects required in WAEC and NECO to study Arabic Studies? if you are interested in NECO and WAEC (O level) subjects required for Arabic Studies then am happy to inform you that this post contains all the WAEC as well as NECO subject requirements to study Arabic Studies under the faculty of Arts and Humanities in the university.
This is to inform all aspirants who wish to apply for admission in Nigeria into any of federal, state or private owned universities to study Arabic Studies under the faculty of Arts and Humanities that the NECO and WAEC requirements which includes the compulsory subjects needed for Arabic Studies has been published here in this post.
If you are interested in JAMB subject combination for Arabic Studies also, you can start by checking out JAMB subject combination for Arabic Studies here or use the general approach by checking JAMB subject combination for all courses here.
Other Useful Resources
You can also check out other JAMB and WAEC resources below:
- WAEC Syllabus for All Subjects
- JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects
- WAEC Result Released Date
- How To Check Your WAEC Result
- JAMB Form | JAMB Registration Form Procedures
- JAMB News | Latest News From JAMB Today
WAEC And NECO Subject Requirements for Arabic Studies
The subjects required to study Arabic Studies in both WAEC and NECO are as follows:
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Arabic and three other relevant subjects.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) LASU accepts Islamic Studies in lieu of Arabic or accepts candidates who indicate interest in Foreign Language learning and possess basic knowledge or Arabic may be admitted.
(ii) UDU accept pass in English Language, NCE General English and a certificate in High Muslim Certificate.
(iii) LASU accepts Certificate from recognized Arabic Institution who might have not written Arabic at SSCE ‘O’ level.
(iv) UNILORIN accepts any other subject in lieu of Arabic.
(v) UMYUK requires five credit passes at SSCE or equivalent including English Language, Arabic, Islamic Studies and two other relevant ArtsSocial Science courses and a pass in Mathematics.
(vi) KASU and UMYUK may accept Higher Islamic Studies or Senior Islamic Studies Results.
(vii) KWASU requires credit passes in English, Arabic, IRS, plus any other two Arts subjects. A certificate from a recognized Arabic school will be acceptable in lieu of O’ level Arabic
The O level (WAEC and NECO) requirements posted above may only apply to Arabic Studies under the faculty of Arts and Humanities. If the Arabic Studies you intend in studying is in another faculty, the subject requirements may be different from the one on this page. You can check JAMB brochure for all faculties here.
List of Schools That Offer Arabic Studies
This section contains the list of universities that offer Arabic Studies in Nigeria. These are basically schools that accepts the WAEC and NECO requirements for Arabic Studies posted above.
The following are the list of schools that offer Arabic Studies:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Al-Hikmah University
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina, Katsina, Katsina
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Federal University, Gashua
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University, Kashere
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Sule Lamido University
- Kaduna State University
- Kwara State University, Ilorin
- Lagos State University
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano
- Sokoto State University
- Summit University, Offa offa
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University of Abuja
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Maiduguri
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto
- Yobe State University