This is to inform the General public and all those concerned that ABUTH application form for admission into 2017/2018 programmes has been announced by the management of the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH).
The Admission form is for application into different programmes offered at the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital which are:
- School Of Nursing
- School of Post Basic Nursing
- School of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- School of Health Information Management
- School of Biomedical Engineering Technology
- Community Health Officers Training
ABUTH School Of Health Registration Procedures.
1. SCHOOL OF NURSING
This School of nursing offers a three (3) year basic general nursing training to suitable candidates of not less than 171/2 years and not more than 26 years of age.
Those wishing to apply must have the following: The acceptable combination of results shall be as follows:
i. WAEC/WAEC or NECO/NECO
a) Five credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Biology at not more than two sittings.
- Entrance Examination and Interview Candidates who satisfy the basic entry requirements shall be required to sit for an entrance examination in June, 2017 and selection interview thereafter.
- Only candidates short-listed will appear for the selection interview.
- The Selection process will include essay writing followed by oral interview.
- Candidates selected for admission shall be required to pass a medical examination for fitness.
- NOTE: Only candidates who satisfied 0-level requirement will be invited for entrance examination.
- Accommodation This course is residential. Successful candidates MUST live in the Nurses’ hostel; payment of accommodation fee shall be made install-mentally.
2. SCHOOL OF POST BASIC NURSING PROGRAMMES
The school runs Post Basic Programmes names:- Midwifery, Ophthalmic and Paediatrics and Anaesthesia Those who wish to apply for any of the programme must have the following:-
a) Midwifery Course :- is eighteen (18) months duration and eligible candidates must have five credit passes in S SCE, WASC/NECO or GCE which should include among others English Language, Mathematics and three (3) Science Subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) at not more than two sittings. Candidates must also be registered Nurse (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
b) Ophthalmic Nursing Course: Duration: One year Programme and candidates wishing to enroll must be qualified registered nurses (RN) with the Nursing and midwifery Council of Nigeria with at least one year post qualification experience.
Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/other relevant course could be an advantage. In addition to the above, eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE/WAS C/NECO or GCE which should include among others, English language, mathematics, Physics, chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings.
c) Paediatric Nursing Course:
Duration: One (1) year programme and candidates wishing to apply must be registered Nurses (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must have at least one year Post Qualification/Registration experience.
Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/other relevant courses could be an advantage. In additional to the above, eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE WASC/NECO/or GCE which should include among other, English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings
d) Nurse Anaesthesia Programme Duration: is eighteen (18) months duration and eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE, WAEC, NECO or GCE which should include among other English Language, Mathematics and three (3) Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at not more than two sittings. Applicant must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with a current practicing license and at least one (1) year post qualification experience.
Eligible candidates will be requested to sit for a written aptitude test to be followed by an oral interview. Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/Other relevant courses could be an added advantage..
Resumption for training is April, 2018.
Examination Dates For School Of Post Basic Nursing:
- Midwifery June, 2017
- Ophthalmic July, 2017
- Paediatric July, 2017
- Anaesthesia Jan. 2018
For the selection interview, candidates are to come along with the originals of all their certificates, license, evidence of sponsorship, certificates of workshop attended . Arelease letter from their sponsors.
3. SCHOOL OF MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES
Special Fellowship of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria This is a Twenty-four (24) months course leading to the award of FMLSCN.
Eligibility For ABUTH School Of Medical Laboratory Sciences
Candidates wishing to apply must have :-
(a) Associate (AMLSCN) of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria BMLS plus a minimum of one (1)year post qualification experience.
(b) NYSC discharge or exemption certificate. (c) Current practicing license of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
4. SCHOOL OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
National Diploma Course in Health Information Management Duration: Two (2) years direct course for those with GCE ‘0’ Level or its equivalent and one year for those with Technician Certificate in Health Information Management of the Health Record Officers Registration Board of Nigeria.
Entry Requirements For School Of Health Information Management:
1. Candidates for this programme must have WASC, S SCE or NECO with passes at credit level in five (5) subjects including English, Mathematics, Biology/Physic/ or Chemistry and any subject.
All ND candidates must sit for JAMB and passes cut-off mark
2. For JAMB Candidates they must posses the JAMB cut-off marks. 3. Candidates shall comme with screening registration fee of N2,500.00.
Please note that: (I) Selection of Candidates will be on the basis of academic qualification. A written examination and oral interview coupled with presentation of ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES., Printout of JAMB and SSCE. (ii) Entrance Examination and Interview: (Dates will be communicated to candidates)
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Duration: Two (2) Years
Candidates for this programme must have obtained National Diploma in Health Information Management and registered with the health Records officers Registration Board of Nigeria and must have undergone an Industrial Training for one year in a reputable Hospital in addition to the basic entry requirement for the ND.
Candidates must do regularization with JAMB when admitted.
Entrance Examination and Interview (Date will be communicated to candidates)
5. SCHOOL OF BIO-MEDICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Entry Requirements For School Of Bio Medical Engineering:
This is a two (2) year Course. Applicants wishing to apply must have senior secondary school certificate (SSCE) or its equipment , WAEC, GCE, NECO, NABTEC) with passes at credit level in Mathematics. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least a pass in English Language at not more than two sittings.
In addition, credit or ordinary pass in any of the following subjects will be an advantage. Wood work, sheet metal work. Auto Mechanic, Basic electronics, Basic Electricity and Technical Drawing.
Certificate Course This is a one (1)year course. Candidates with the following qualification are eligible for admission.
a) Candidates who have passed WASC/SSCE with passes in Science subjects.
b) Intermediate Secondary Schools with Trade Test Grade [II] certificate and evidence of Secondary Education in the Sciences.
Entrance Examination and Interview Candidates who have the basic entry qualification will be required to sit for an entrance examination in September, 2017.
Those successful at the entrance examination will attend selection interview thereafter.
Candidates with evidence of guaranteed sponsorship will be given preference
The course at present is non residential. Successful candidates will be required to arrange for their own accommodation.
6. COMMUNITY HEALTH OFFICERS TRAINING PROGRAMME (HD)
This course takes a minimum of two (2) years duration, and officers from any of the following categories of health workers that have been working in primary health care area are eligible for admission.
Requirements For ABUTH Community Health Officers Programme
- (WASCE, NECO or GCE 0/L) at not more than two sittings, which must include; English Language, Mathematics and Biology/Health Science.
- Community Health Extension Workers five (5) Credit level passes in SSCE (WASCE, NECO or GCE 0/L) at not more than two sittings, which must include: English Language, Mathematics and Biology/Health Science.
- Entrance Examination and Interview Candidates who satisfy the Basic entry requirements shall be invited for an entrance examination in the month of July 2016 after which successful ones would attend the selection interview immediately.
- Candidates with evidence of guaranteed institutional sponsorship will be given preference, but limited vacancies exist for privately sponsored ones.
- Entry Qualification a) Holders of Diploma in Community Health with not less than two (2) years post qualification experience plus, five (5) credit level passes in S SCE b) Applicants must be registered and possess a valid practice license.
c) Two recent passport photograph
Method of Application
Step 1 – Visit www.apply.abuth.org.ng
- Click Purchase Access Code
- Fill the applicant’s detail. Full Name, Valid Email address, Phone Number, Program and course (make sure you type the information correctly)
- Click Pay with Remita button to general Remita Retrival Reference (RRR)
- Print the transaction reference page issued by Remita
- Visit any branch of any Commercial Bank and present your payment reference number (RRR) for the payment. Request for the payment evidence from the bank.
- You can also pay with (VISA, Master Cad, Verve, Remita, Internet Banking, or Mobile wallets).
Step 2- after payment go to www.apply.abuth.org.ng.
- Click Sign up/Login to proceed with the application.
- Fill the New Applicant form make sure you use the same information as in the transaction reference form: Email Address, Phone Number, Password, and your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code.
- Click Sign Up to Complete the Application Form.
- Ensure you print the exam slip and come with it on the exam day.
Closing Dates And Examination Dates For ABUTH School Of Health Programmes
1) School of Nursing –
- Closing Date 31st May 2017
- Exam Date- June 2017
2) School of Post Basic Nursing (Midwifery)-
- Closing Date 30th June 2017
- Exam Date July 2017
2) School of Post Basic (Ophthalmic. & Paed)
- Closing Date 30th June 2017
- Exam Date July.2017
3) School of Med. Lab. Science
- Closing Date 31st July 2017
- Exam Date August, 2017
4) School of Health Information Mgt.
- Closing Date 31st July 2017
- Exam Date August 2017
5) School of Bio-Medical Eng.
- Closing Date 30th Augt. 2017
- Exam Date Sept. 2017
6) Community Health Officers Programme (CHO)
- Closing Date 30th June 2017
- Exam Date July 2017
7) School of Post Basic (Anaesthesia)
- Closing Date 31st Oct. 2017
- Exam Date Dec. 2017